What you will learn
- To apply Sustainability/Circular Economy topics and terms to the Supply Chain process.
- To understand general Supply Chain terminology used throughout the industry, understanding the linkages between financial and operational measures.
- To apply Sustainability mechanisms into strategic planning, sales and operations planning (S&OP), and execution; including but not limited to: Inventory, MRP, Sourcing, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Sales Order Fulfillment.
- To shift company culture and form Sustainable partnerships with suppliers, customers, and value humanities within your own team.
- To utilize technologies and tools that can innovate and reduce waste along the supply chain. These tools can lead to forming an extended supply chain, a circular supply chain where possible.
- Promote the protection of both human resources and utilize initiative to create corporate social responsibility.
- Demonstrate the importance of including a circular lifecycle into initial product design and project management including raw material use.
- Connect the flow of goods and materials throughout the supply chain using circular strategies in procurement where possible, smart management of inventory and warehousing practices, and renewable technologies in the transportation & distribution network.
The Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) Program provides you with the opportunity to continue your professional development related to sustainable supply chain management. The courses will allow you to demonstrate a mastery of Sustainability integrated into Professional Supply Chain knowledge. To become ISCEA certified, you must complete and pass all 3 preparatory courses and the final course, the CSSCP Exam. The preparatory courses are prerequisites to taking the exam. You cannot take the CSSCP Exam until you have successfully completed all 3 of the preparatory courses.
The program will highlight real-world examples, including case studies of relevant industry practices, to demonstrate innovation in the Supply Chain Industry. Fundamental Supply Chain topics, foundational Sustainability topics related to efficient Supply Chain Management, and the integration of Sustainability within Supply Chain Processes and Supply Chain Strategy, will be presented. Inside the program courses, you will learn how forecasting, inventory management, and other supply chain processes can be innovated to include sustainable techniques and practices.
Sustainability and Circularity will be linked to the essentials of Supply Chain strategies, planning, and Supply Chain operations. Traditional Supply Chain topics of procurement, manufacturing, and logistics processes are clearly explained throughout the program courses. The topics are discussed with a sustainable lens to demonstrate that Sustainability and Supply Chain are not mutually exclusive, but rather depend on the mutual success of each other in terms of efficiency, innovation, and profit. The course highlights the current need to transform business processes through corporate social responsibility, green supply chain initiatives, and partnerships.
The Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) Program consists of 3 preparatory courses and a final exam course that includes a practice exam. The complete program will form a comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain Sustainability including Circular Economy practices. The Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) program’s first 3 preparatory courses prepare professionals in the supply chain, manufacturing, supply chain analytics, and service industries for the ISCEA Exam to earn the Globally Recognized ISCEA CSSCP Designation. The program intends to foster decision-making that will fuel a “green supply chain” in terms of profit and planet protection.
Please return to the CSSCP EXAM Course Page for the Exact Dates the Official ISCEA Examination will be offered.
Courses in this program
ISCEA's Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) Professional Certificate
- 2–8 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Master both Sustainability and Supply Chain terms used throughout the Industry. Learn the foundational topics and innovations required for strategic and sustainable planning - a course that can lead to the future acquisition of the Globally Recognized, ISCEA CSSCP (Certified Sustainable Supply Chain) Professional Designation.
- 2–8 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn the fundamental concepts of planning, sourcing, and procurement with applied sustainable techniques. The course will begin with content on how to integrate sustainability and circularity into planning and sourcing. The course demonstrates the importance of efficiency and long-term planning to ensure the minimization of waste and the maximization of productive Supply Chain flow.
Preparatory material - can be applied to ISCEA CSSCP - Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional - Certificate, now available on edX.
- 2–8 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Master the Supply Chain processes related to reducing inefficiencies in warehousing, distribution, and transportation. Learn the importance of applying sustainable enabling tools that transform the process from end to end. Learn the connection of earlier stages of the Supply Chain to the final stages. Foster innovative & circular thinking. Understand that a commitment to Sustainable process at each stage of the Supply Chain is necessary for long-term Supply Chain function - a course that can lead to the future acquisition of the ISCEA CSSCP - Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional - Internationally Recognized Certificate.
- Starts Dec 16, 20231–2 hours per week, for 1 weeks
The CSSCP Exam is a 100 Question Multiple-Choice Exam, duration of 2 hours. The passing score for the exam is 70%. The exam is designed to allow the learner to demonstrate a deep understanding of all practices, topics, definitions, and strategies embedded within the CSSCP Program. Passing the CSSCP Exam demonstrates that the learner has successfully gained industry-relevant knowledge and will be certified as an ISCEA Sustainable Supply Chain Professional.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed Global Supply Chain challenges inside the healthcare industry and beyond. These challenges continue to highlight the need for supply chains to sustain themselves during periods of change and uncertainty.
- There has been an increase in the hiring of Chief Sustainability Officers in various industries. US demand for the role of CSO has grown 232% over the last decade. (Source: Weinebgroup.com)
- COP26 and the Paris Agreement Commitments will lead to a focus on supply chain decarbonization, reduction in emissions, and supply chain transformation to meet environmental goals. (Source: www2.deloitte.com)
- The average Sustainability Professional salary in the United States is $80,050, ranging between $55,596 to $106,357 based on the experience, certification, and skill level of the professional. (Source: Salary.com)
- The US National Average for Chief Sustainability Officer Salary is $149,491 per year. (Source: Glassdoor.com)
Meet your instructors from International Supply Chain Education Alliance (ISCEA)
- Yes. To receive your official certification from the ISCEA, you will need to complete the three preparatory courses AND successfully pass the exam in this program. You must earn a score of 70% or higher to pass the exam. If you do not complete the three preparatory courses, you will not be eligible to take the exam.
- Yes. This program includes three exam preparatory courses and the exam. First, you will prepare for the CSSCP exam, as well as learn valuable skills and tools to succeed in the supply chain field. Then, you will need to successfully complete the CSSCP Exam by earning a score of 70% or higher. Upon completion of the entire program, you will become an ISCEA “Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional”.
- The edX certificates, like any course on edX, signal that you have completed this course or program on edX, and have passed! The ISCEA certification, which is delivered separately from the edX course certificate, is the official signal that you are now an ISCEA Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional with internationally recognized distinction. An ISCEA Certification indicates the successful completion of BOTH the preparatory education courses and the exam.