What you will learn
- Students will study different scenarios and learn basic vocabulary for communication on daily life topics, such as hobbies, food, numbers, movies, sports, and health.
- Students will also acquire the skills to talk about some current affairs in Mandarin Chinese, such as trade fairs and tariffs.
This certificate program is an in-depth introduction to the Chinese language. In Essentials in Chinese, learners will be introduced to Mandarin Chinese in 5 parts. In Basic Level 1, learners will learn basic language skills to talk about eating, shopping, and getting around in Mandarin speaking countries. In Basic Level 2, learners will expand extensively on vocabulary for describing people and objects, making comparisons, and speaking about opinions. In Basic Level 3, learners will further advance their Mandarin Chinese vocabulary and repertoire of sentence structures based on dynamic scenarios.
In Business Chinese, learners will be equipped with daily business communication skills, and learn how to react in several scenarios. Participants will not only learn at their own pace, but will also have a chance to practice speaking and listening with professional language teachers. We will focus on important topics for business issues and career development.
Participants will have to take a 30-minute oral training class which will be focused on diagnosing their language proficiency level and strengthening the learning outcome.
Overall, the program includes 5 Mandarin Chinese courses, 5.5 hours of one-on-one oral training sessions, a 30-minute diagnosed oral training lesson, as well as certifications.
Completed Learning Flows:
Essentials in Chinese
A 30-minute Diagnosed Oral Training Lesson
Basic Mandarin Level 1 → 1.5 hours Oral Training
Basic Mandarin Level 2 → 1.5 hours Oral Training
Basic Mandarin Level 3 → 1.5 hours Oral Training
Business Chinese → 1 hour Oral Training
Completion and obtaining of the certificate, including an edX Professional Certificate and MandarinX Oral Training Program Certificate.
Courses in this program
MandarinX's Mandarin Communication Professional Certificate
- 4–10 hours per week, for 5 weeks
This course is your first crucial step to learning Mandarin Chinese. Learn essential skills for communicating in Chineseincluding tones, pinyin, grammar, characters, and basic structures all within the context of a business environment.
- 4–10 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Mandarin Chinese is rapidly becoming one of the top languages to learn, especially for business. Learnbasic language skills for business scenarios in Mandarin-speaking countries.
- Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world with over 1.2 billion native Chinese speakers.
- Learning Chinese can help your company or organization break into the biggest market on the planet. Being able to properly and correctly comport yourself in Chinese will help you open the door to a whole new world.
- Foreign language proficiency increases your value as an employee in business or law, particularly if you speak Chinese.
- Potential jobs could be in international sales, product or project localization management, research, or business analysis to name a few.
Meet your instructor from MandarinX
Experts from MandarinX committed to teaching online learning
As part of the UK Supply Chain team from a global company I often get to do business with Chinese suppliers and work with colleagues from Asian offices. MandarinX has been instrumental not only to take my Chinese fluency to a decent level but also to strengthen my business relationship with my Chinese business partners.