What you will learn
- Use Python to explore and transform data
- How to query and modify data in SQL Server
- Essential mathematical foundations for machine learning and artificial intelligence
Please note on June 30, 2020, this program will be retiring and no longer available on edX. If you are interested in earning the Professional Certificate you must complete the program by June 30, 2020, in order to earn the certificate.
Data science if one of the hottest fields today. In this program, you will learn key data science tools, and widely-used programming languages from industry and academic experts.
This Professional Certificate program will help you develop the analytical and programming skills you need to take advantage of the 1.5 million career opportunities available now in data science.
Courses in this program
Microsoft's Data Science Core Professional Certificate
- Employment of all computer and information research scientists is expected to rise 19 percent by the year 2026, which is deemed much faster than the average for all professions (source: United States of Labor Statistics)
- As demand for new and improved technology increases in the data science field, the demand for qualified data scientists will rise. (source: United States of Labor Statistics)
- Average pay for data scientists is about $91,000 per year, with the top 10 percent earning more than $120,000 (Source: Payscale)