What you will learn
- Use Microsoft Excel to explore data
- Create data models and visualize data using Excel or Power BI
- Apply statistical methods to data
- How to apply storytelling principles to your analytics work
Please note on June 30, 2020, this program will be retiring and no longer available on edX. If you are interested in earning the Professional Certificate you must be complete the program by June 30, 2020, in order to earn the certificate.
Accelerate your career in one of the hottest fields – data science. Learn data science fundamentals, including data queries, data analysis, data visualization and how statistics informs data science practices.
Built in collaboration with leading universities and employers, this Professional Certificate program will develop the analytical skills you need to take advantage of the 1.5 million career opportunities available now in data science.
Courses in this program
Microsoft's Data Science Fundamentals Professional Certificate
- 2–3 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Analytics and AI are powerful tools that have real-word outcomes. Learn how to apply practical, ethical, and legal constructs and scenarios so that you can be an effective analytics professional.
- Employment of all computer and information research scientists is expected to rise 19 percent by the year 2026, which is deemed much faster than the average for all professions (source: United States of Labor Statistics)
- As demand for new and improved technology increases in the data science field, the demand for qualified data scientists will rise. (source: United States of Labor Statistics)
- Average pay for data scientists is about $91,000 per year, with the top 10 percent earning more than $120,000 (Source: Payscale)
Meet your instructors
Experts from Microsoft committed to teaching online learning