What you will learn
- Acute and Chronic Wounds: Understand the damage to the skin and the underlying structures and determine the type of wounds based on the etiology.
- Wound Care Treatment Options: Review the approach to wound dressing choices and the vital role that moisture plays in promoting faster healing for your patients.
- Nutrition: Identify how to stimulate patients’ appetites so they receive the necessary nutrients and calories needed to restore health and recover from their wounds.
- Support Surfaces: Learn the mechanical forces involved in the development of pressure wounds to easily identify the support surfaces that best meet your patients’ needs.
- ...and 10 other topics written and presented by wound care physicians!
The Vohra Wound Care Certification program was developed by Vohra Wound Physicians. Vohra is the largest group of wound physicians in the United States, with more than 20 years of clinical experience providing wound care services to more than 3000 skilled nursing facilities in 30 states, with thousands of patients treated every month. Vohra’s team of specialty wound care experts created this straightforward wound care course to assist those interested in furthering their careers, in providing better care, or in expanding their knowledge base. This course gives learners the know-how necessary to properly care for wounds in the geriatric population. Vohra’s physicians know that knowledge, skills and proper training are critical to achieving superior clinical results. We believe every patient, family, nurse, and caregiver can be empowered through education. Hundreds of thousands of people have already benefited from this course and the knowledge we have shared.
Vohra Physicians, founded in 2000, is the largest wound care specialty group focused on the post-acute market. We use leading-edge technologies to enable our mission of bringing improved wound healing to patients across the U.S., and beyond. Our history begins with a single physician, Dr. Ameet Vohra, who recognized that the prevalent wound care models were under-serving the 2% of US patients with chronic wounds. He developed a better approach, training physicians to be wound care specialists. Our physicians treat patients where they are, in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, and Long Term Acute Care Hospitals. Today, Vohra has 300 physician wound care specialists across 30 states treating thousands of patients daily. Supported by proprietary technologies and on-going specialist training, our model delivers proven better results, including a 21-day improvement in healing time, and an 88% reduction in wound-related hospitalizations.
Courses in this program
VWPx's Wound Care for Facility-Based Healthcare Practitioners Professional Certificate
- 4–7 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Earn CNE credits with Vohra, the global leader in wound care education and certification. Based on decades of experience, Vohra’s team of specialty wound care physicians developed this practical wound care certification course and certification exam to help you accelerate your nursing career and deliver better care, regardless of clinical setting. Advance your career with Vohra's Wound Care Certification and become a certified wound specialist.
- 4–7 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Earn CNE credits with Vohra, the global leader in wound care education and certification. Vohra’s team of specialty wound care experts created this straightforward wound care course to assist those interested in furthering their careers, in providing better care, or in expanding their knowledge base. This course gives learners the know-how necessary to properly care for wounds in the geriatric population. Vohra’s physicians know that knowledge, skill and proper training are critical to achieving superior clinical results. Become a certified wound care nurse with Vohra.
- If you hold a Vohra certification, employers will value your expertise and are therefore likely to compensate you accordingly. A certified nurse can earn approximately $9,000 more per year than a non-certified professional. (source: ANCC)
- Our program has been shown to result in improved clinical outcomes including: 88% decrease in wound-related hospitalization and 86% reduction in infection rates. (source: Lewin Group Study on Vohra Wound Outcomes by the Ostomy Wound Management Journal)
- Our program has achieved results for our 3,000 SNF partners, including: 21-day decrease in healing times and $19,287 average Medicare savings, per patient. (source: Lewin Group Study on Vohra Wound Outcomes by the Ostomy Wound Management Journal)
Meet your instructor from Vohra (VWPx)
Experts from VWPx committed to teaching online learning