What you will learn
- Concepts and techniques from calculus, probability and statistics at a pre-university level.
- How to solve problems and apply reasoning in calculus, probability and statistics.
- Interpretation and evaluation of mathematical and statistical information to determine the correctness of solutions to problems.
- How to implement a sequence of strategies to solve problems and construct logical arguments to communicate the solutions.
MathTrackX is an XSeries Program that has been designed to provide learners with a solid foundation in fundamental mathematics and how it can be applied in the real world. The 6 courses in this program will assist in developing the skills, knowledge and confidence for STEM related career development or preparation for further studies.
Guided by experts from the School of Mathematical Sciences and the Maths Learning Centre at the University of Adelaide, this self-paced program will equip learners with a comprehensive understanding of the key underpinnings of mathematics, required for further study. Learners will develop skills in communicating mathematical solutions and arguments, and build confidence in solving mathematical problems. Topics covered include methods and applications of differentiation, integration, probability and statistics.
Upon successful completion, this program will be accepted as a prerequisite in place of SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods at the University of Adelaide. MathTrackX is not a replacement for SACE Year 12 Stage 2 Maths Methods but could be a useful study tool towards completion of this certificate.
Recognition of this program may also be applicable for further studies in your state or country. Please contact your accrediting body for any processes that apply if you are hoping to use this program as a bridging course into further education at a University level.
A program subscription gives you full verified access to all courses and materials within the program you’ve enrolled in, for as long as your subscription is active. Monthly subscription pricing can help you manage your enrollment costs — instead of paying more up front, you pay a smaller amount per month for only as long as you need access. You can cancel your subscription at any time for no additional fee.
Courses in this program
AdelaideX's MathTrackX XSeries Program
Meet your instructors from University of Adelaide (AdelaideX)
Experts from AdelaideX committed to teaching online learning
Grow your career. Start your program subscription today.
- Immediate access to all 6 courses in this program
- Course videos, lectures, and readings
- Practice problems and assessments
- Graded assignments and exams
- edX learner support
- Shareable verified certificates after successfully completing a course or program