About this courseSkip About this course
Data structures provide a means to manage large amounts of data for use in databases and internet indexing services. Efficient data structures are key for designing efficient algorithms and obtaining maintainable software design.
In this Computer Science course, you will start by learning basic data types, such as numbers, and gradually build a conceptual framework for organizing and managing efficient structures.
- Basic Data Types, Notion of an Abstract Data Type
- Mathematical Properties of Sequences
- Special Types of Sequences: Stacks, Queues, Strings
- Implementation of Sequence Type: Arrays and Linked Lists
- Sets and Maps
Preliminary understanding of implementing sequence structures such as stacks, queues, and linked lists, will also be covered.
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program:
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Various data structures
- How to organize data efficiently
- How to use appropriate data structures for representing, organizing, and manipulating data
- How to create data structures using basic programming
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally