What you will learn
- Basic programming skills
- How to write C++ programs to solve real world computational problems
- How to use object-oriented programming to design modern software systems that adapt to highly rapid change
- How best to use different data structures to represent, organize, and manipulate data
- To inculcate design thinking for building system that scale
- The importance of efficient algorithms in terms of time and space complexity
If you want to be the software designer who can architect systems for successful startups like Flipkart, this XSeries provides the foundational knowledge you need.
Google search, Netflix personalization, and self-driving cars rely on complex algorithms and data structures that can scale to a billion users.
In this 5 course XSeries, you will learn the importance of software design, programming skills, data structures, and algorithm principles, that drive every electronic gadget that you see in the market.
Courses in this program
IITBombayX's Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries
- 6–8 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Learn how to write correct and efficient data structures manipulation using existing standard template library (STL) of C++. Get introduced to the power of STL and make your code more solid, reusable, and robust.
- ’Programming Basics’ is a prerequisite for ‘Object-Oriented Programming’ and ‘Foundations of Data Structures.’ ‘Object-Oriented Programming’ and ‘Foundations of Data Structures’ are prerequisites for ‘Implementation of Data Structures’. ‘Foundations of Data Structures’ and ‘Implementation of Data Structures’ are prerequisites for ‘Algorithms.’
Meet your instructors
Experts from IITBombayX committed to teaching online learning