Lo que aprenderás
- Use a range of vocabulary and expressions that are commonly used in business English and in business communication.
- Plan, research, and structure written and spoken texts appropriate to the needs of specific audiences.
- Prepare informative and persuasive written and spoken texts relevant to a business context in Asia.
- Develop an understanding of cross-cultural issues, style, and genre for business communication purposes.
Having good English communication skills is increasingly important to stay competitive in a rapidly changing world. In today’s global economy, companies are looking for employees who can communicate clearly and concisely in the English language when solving problems, making decisions, or pitching new ideas. Multinational companies across Southeast Asia, for example, often employ businesspeople with strong English-speaking skills. This Professional Certificate in Business English will help non-native speakers of English to develop skills in spoken and written English and communicate ideas effectively in business contexts. By taking this online course, you will develop highly demanded skills for communicating efficiently in English within business contexts in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, and other Asian economies.
This Professional Certificate Program is tailored for learners who wish to:
- improve their English communication skills, particularly within a business context, and
- enhance your cross-cultural understanding for international business communication.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en English for Doing Business in Asia de HKUSTx
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD,) The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and the World Economic Forum (WEF) identify communication as one of the important 21st Century skills.
- The WEF identifies management and communication of activities and interpersonal skills as key competencies to have for the future of jobs. This includes competencies in persuading others to change their minds or behaviour as well as bringing them together
- In addition, these competencies include trying to reconcile differences, and developing capacities to identify and shape effective value propositions for products and services, as well as to sell products on that basis