Digital Security and Human Rights
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Malware. Phishing. Data retention. Mass surveillance. We know there are real risks in the digital world, but we don’t always know what to do about them. How do these threats work? How important is digital security? Where do we even start?
This course is a starting place for learning more about digital threats and how to strengthen your security online. You don’t need to have any technical expertise—the course will guide you through some of the important terms and concepts you should know.
You will learn about the key human rights implications of digital security, and you will explore in-depth the right to privacy and the right to freedom of expression. A human rights-based approach demonstrates how digital security affects and concerns us all.
You will be challenged to assess and reflect on your own practices, take practical steps to improve your online security, and advocate for a rights-respecting digital world.
Be prepared for active learning, connecting with course participants from around the world, and becoming part of a global community dedicated to defending human rights through digital security.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How digital security is a matter of claiming your human rights
- Some of the major threats in the digital world, and how to protect yourself against them
- How to defend your rights to privacy and freedom of expression
- The core mechanisms and key players in mass surveillance
- How to take action to promote digital security and human rights worldwide