Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Improvement Science in Education
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
With roots in industry and in health care, improvement science is a disciplined approach to educational innovation that supports teachers, leaders, and researchers in collaborating to solve specific problems of practice. Improvement science brings discipline and methods to different logics of innovation by integrating:
- Problem analysis
- Use of research
- Development of solutions
- Measurement of processes and outcomes
- Rapid refinement through plan-do-study-act cycles.
For teachers, school leaders, and system leaders, improvement science moves educational innovation out of the realm of “fad” and into the realm of research-based, evidence-driven continuous improvement, with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of educational practice.
That, in turn, will support schools and systems in responding to calls to improve opportunities to learn and student performance and calls to reduce achievement gaps by improving the day-to-day work students, teachers, and leaders.
In this introduction to improvement science, developed in collaboration with the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, learners will explore:
- Problem-specific and user-centered design and analysis
- Differences in implementation and outcomes as resources for improvement
- Improving systems to improve practice
- Driving improvement through measurement, evidence, and disciplined inquiry
This course is part of the Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement MicroMasters Program offered by MichiganX.
De un vistazo
- Institución: MichiganX
- Tema: Formación docente
- Nivel: Advanced
Working knowledge of schools and education systems as well as the political, policy, and public pressures to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for all students.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement
- Associated skills:Research, Innovation, Teaching, User-Centered Design
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Principles and methods of improvement science in education and other social sectors
- Means of introducing improvement science in schools and systems
- Approaches to accelerating improvement through networked improvement communities
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Lesson 1: Introduction to Improvement Science
Lesson 2: Understanding the Problem and the System that Produces It
Lesson 3: Focusing Collective Efforts
Lesson 4: Testing and Building Evidence
Lesson 5: Achieving Quality at Scale
Lesson 6: Putting it All Together