Quantum Mechanics: Quantum physics in 1D Potentials
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
In this quantum physics course you will acquire concrete knowledge of quantum mechanics by learning to solve the Schrodinger equation for important classes of one-dimensional potentials. We study the associated energy eigenstates and bound states. The harmonic oscillator is solved using the differential equation as well as algebraically, using creation and annihilation operators.
This is the second course in a series which includes:
- Quantum Mechanics: Wavefunctions, Operators, and Expectation Values
- Quantum Mechanics: Quantum Physics in 1D Potentials
- Quantum Mechanics: 1D Scattering and Central Potentials
The series is based on MIT 8.04: Quantum Mechanics I. At MIT, 8.04 is the first of a three-course sequence in Quantum Mechanics, a cornerstone in the education of physics majors that prepares them for advanced and specialized studies in any field related to quantum physics. This online course follows the on-campus version and will be equally rigorous.
After completing the 8.04x series, you will be ready to tackle the Mastering Quantum Mechanics course series on edX, 8.05x.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Solutions of the Schrodinger equation for one-dimensional potentials: the square well, the harmonic oscillator and the delta function.
- Algebraic solution of the harmonic oscillator.