Online Master’s Degree in Public Health
- 6 Modules
- Fully Online
- 24 Months
Descripción general del programa de Maestría
Fully online and offered by a nationally recognized, top-ten school of public health, the Boston University online MPH program offers a skills-based curriculum focused on health equity that prepares graduates to solve real-world public health problems. The 42 credit, asynchronous public health program can be completed in 24 months and provides professionals with the knowledge and skills to:
- develop and analyze public health programs and policies that promote health and eliminate inequities
- communicate effectively for public health action based on science and data
- advocate for policy change and empower others to influence change and transform lives in their communities across the globe
The Boston University online Master of Public Health degree program is ideal for working professionals with at least 2 years of full-time experience in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, medicine, government agencies, biotechnology, consulting companies, pharmaceutical corporations, insurance companies, finance, and other health related organizations.
Call +1 855-578-0019 to speak with an admissions counselor and have your questions about the Online MPH answered.
- #6School of Public HealthU.S. News and World Report, 2022
- Application fee$145
Fechas y plazos importantes
- Priority Application DeadlineMarch 1, 2023
- Application DeadlineJune 1, 2023
- Program StartSeptember 2023
Cursos requeridos para la admisión
Prerequisites for Admission Consideration:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience
- There are no specific course prerequisites. The Admission Committee looks for good quantitative skills, leadership and analytical ability. Applicants can demonstrate these competencies through a variety of undergraduate majors and professional experiences.
Requisitos de aplicación
A complete Master’s program application includes the following:
- Official transcripts for all registered coursework from each college or university attended
- International transcripts, including study abroad transcripts, may have additional requirements.
- International applicants should submit a WES ICAP evaluation.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- CV or Resume
- Three short answer responses to the following questions:
- How does an MPH fit into your professional development plan? Why is a focus on health equity important to this plan? And how does this specific online MPH program at BUSPH fit your plans? (500 words or less)
- The MPH combines both quantitative and qualitative skills. Please explain how your education and professional experience has prepared you for this type of program. (250 words or less)
- The Online MPH is a self-directed, asynchronous graduate program. Please explain why this model best fits your learning and life style. (250 words or less)
- International applicants must submit an English language proficiency exam. Applicants may submit the TOEFL or IELTS. TOEFL and IELTS exams are considered valid for two (2) years from the date the exam was administered.
- TOEFL ibt: 100 or higher
- TOEFL pbt: 600 or higher
- IELTS – Academic Exam Only: 7.0 (total band score)
- Supplemental application
Test and Required Minimum Score
Plan de estudios
- A GRE score is not required for application and will not be considered if submitted.
- Online MPH students will have access to the BU online networking platforms and recruitment sites. One-on-one appointments with SPH career staff are not available to online students.
- Federal Unsubsidized Loans are available to US citizens and US permanent residents.
- Unfortunately, institutional scholarships are not available to online students.
- Students earn a Master of Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health.
- International students whose native language is not English must provide official results of the Test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Test and Required Minimum Score: TOEFL ibt: 100 or higher, TOEFL pbt: 600 or higher, IELTS – Academic Exam Only: 7.0 (total band score). TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two (2) years from the date of examination. Applicants who do not meet the required minimum score will not be considered for admission.
- Students earn a Master of Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health. There is no mention that the degree was completed online.
- Instructors will hold weekly office hours for students. Each course will have an assigned Learning Facilitator, who serves as the subject matter expert for each module and is available to help students with all course related material. They will communicate on a regular basis about course content, hold office hours, and will be available for one-on-one meetings. Student Success Specialists will support students from the start of the program to graduation. They help students navigate the program and life as an online student. They will help plan course schedules, share best practices for learning online, suggest ways to engage in the program community, and guide students to university resources they may need to maximize success in the program. Students will have the opportunity to engage with experts across the globe on the pressing issues of public health by taking part in our Public Health Conversations and other online events.
- Career pathways in public health are possible in nearly every sector and vary greatly depending on the unique interests of each student. BUSPH alumni have worked for international aid organizations monitoring disease spread and prevention across the globe, as program managers at community health organizations, as research coordinators at pharmaceutical companies, as analysts at major consulting firms, and as advocates and policy advisors on public health related issues across the nation and the world.