One of the full-time courses offered through Rice Business is the MBA Capstone course. It pairs together learner teams and executives from community-based, nonprofit organizations. Learners gain practical managerial experience by solving problems and applying the knowledge they’ve gained through the program to real-world problems and situations.
Rice Business at Rice University MBA online
Rice Business’s online MBA program teaches learners how to solve complicated business problems, pursue innovation fearlessly, and grow bold ideas.Solicitar más información
About the program
- Diversified electives: Learn about marketing and strategy, finance, and entrepreneurship.
- Tight-knit professional network: Take part in exciting opportunities, meet with accomplished leaders, and grow your global network.
- Practical education: Gain real-world entrepreneurship skills and apply them to your work, thanks to integrations within the curriculum.
About Rice Business
The tight-knit community at the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University values connection over size, and its faculty members take pride in educating future global leaders. Located in Houston, Rice Business offers innovation, culture, diversity, and a global learner community.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
A learner’s first year consists of core courses, while their second year includes both core courses and elective courses. Learners must finish 54 credits and can complete the program in as little as 24 months. Upon graduation, learners earn a Master’s of Business Administration degree. The MBA@Rice program offers both full- and part-time courses to help learners achieve their goals as they simultaneously navigate their unique professional and personal obligations. The full-time courses are worth 3 credits and take place over 10 weeks; the part-time courses are worth 1.5 credits and last 5 weeks. Learners have the flexibility to focus on electives and to choose a specialization during their second year, with 13.5 elective credits. Learners are able to customize their program to their own interests thanks to seven focus areas available to them, or choose to stay with general management. The seven areas of focus include:
- Corporate strategy: Devise strategies that help the bottom-line and provide a competitive advantage.
- Corporate finance: Hone financial analysis and broaden your managerial skills.
- Investment management: Gain knowledge invaluable for mastering derivative securities and portfolio management.
- Marketing: Learn quantitative skills and frameworks to understand and discover consumer insights.
- Entrepreneurship: Delve further into entrepreneurial skills through learning in the Entrepreneurship Lab.
- Energy: Master the management and entrepreneurial skills you need as the energy industry continues evolving.
- Healthcare: Complement general business management courses with the skills you need to drive change in the healthcare industry.
Rice Business is looking for learners with ambition, authentic voices, and diverse perspectives. Your application is an opportunity to allow the admissions department to learn about you, why you fit in, and how you can achieve your career goals with an MBA from Rice Business. To complete an online application, you will need to submit:
A self-recorded video interview
GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment score from the last five years, if applicable
All previous college or university transcripts
Letters of recommendation
Capstone core course
Frequently asked questions
The Jones Graduate School of Business is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Rice University is accredited by the Association to Advance College Schools of Business (AACSB).
The program offers career advisers to any learner who would like to build their résumé, prepare for interviews, and more. Career coaches, on the other hand, work with learners on leadership and development skills. The program also offers additional resources, which include job search methods, career self-assessment, salary resources, professional profile development, social media presence, and networking.
Learners have the opportunity to attend two Intensive Learning Experiences (ILE) during which they get to network with peers, faculty members, and other industry experts. The Rice Residential Core, for example, is a four-day ILE held on campus in Houston, Texas; learners get to participate in this ILE at the end of their first or second term. The Global Field Experience, on the other hand, is a seven-day ILE that takes place in global business hubs.
The MBA@Rice program is on a quadmester schedule, with four terms per year that start in January, April, July, and October. Each term is 11 weeks long.
The program offers seven focus areas: corporate finance, corporate strategy, investment management, marketing, entrepreneurship, energy, and healthcare. Focus areas are merely designed to help learners narrow their focus into different business topics that may be used to inform their postgraduate career aspirations.