Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs...)
- Make sound legal arguments in order to enhance claims based on international law and interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way
- Decrypt international news from a legal perspective
International Law is the law of the international community and in our globalized world, it is an expanding field and international politics cannot be understood today without some knowledge of the legal constraints bearing on it.
With this International Law MicroMasters program, you’ll master the language and institutions of international law. The MicroMasters program will give you a clear understanding of the ways by which international law exists as a legal order and bears on domestic governance (human rights), war (law of armed conflicts) and the economy (investment law). You’ll learn to decode international news from a legal perspective and to understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs...).
If you’re not a lawyer, you’ll become able to interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way.
If you already graduated in law, political sciences or international relations, you might even become interested in taking your program certificate to the next level and become an advanced master student at Louvain!
Your MicroMasters program certificate will be worth 20 credits out of the 60 credits needed to complete the advanced master. 33% of study time saved!
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en International Law de LouvainX
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all four MicroMasters program courses. We suggest you start with the International Law course, as it will provide you with the prerequisite knowledge useful to more easily take the following courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Study in Belgium (near Brussels)! Learners who complete the MicroMasters program may register in the (Residential) Advanced Master (LL.M.) in International Law.
Each MOOC in this MicroMasters program is worth 5 credits. Therefore the entire MicroMasters program is valued at 20 credits, or 33% of the full residential master’s program. As this is a specialized master program, you need to be graduated in law (master in law), in international relations or in political sciences in order to apply to the advanced master.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies – which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- Career opportunities include: Attorneys, political scientists, journalists, economists, activists and NGO specialists
- members of the armed forces, Civil servants, members of governmental and intergovernmental organizations, diplomats, embassy staff
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de LouvainX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
This program is unique! I warmly recommend it to anyone intending to practice international law at some point in their career.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.