Lo que aprenderás
- How to mathematically describe basic quantum phenomena relevant to quantum technologies.
- Engineering challenges of quantum computation.
- How to formulate and apply basic quantum algorithms.
- Quantum communication and sensing technologies.
- How to analyze various quantum computing architectures.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, explosive advancement in the realization of quantum computing platforms has occurred, redefining information processing and computer science. With such development, multidisciplinary and advanced training is urgently needed to move the technology forward, which has applications in artificial intelligence and data science.
This MicroMasters program introduces fundamental concepts and theories of quantum information and technologies and provides an overview of various emerging technologies, including quantum communication, quantum sensing, and quantum computation. The primary focus of the program is to introduce state-of-the-art quantum bit architectures and their working principles and provide hands-on experience programming real quantum systems.
Courses in this program are designed to introduce both physics and engineering aspects of quantum technologies, in particular quantum computing, with minimal prerequisite courses. Basic undergraduate physics and mathematics courses found in typical sophomore or junior-level engineering or science degrees are sufficient.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Quantum Technology: Computing de PurdueX
- Inicia el 21 ago 20237–10 horas por semana durante 17 semanas
Learn about fundamental concepts and engineering challenges of quantum technologies.
- Inició el 9 ene 20237–8 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Learn the fundamental postulates of quantum mechanics and how they can be mapped onto present-day quantum information processing models, including computation, simulation, optimization, and machine learning.
- Inició el 13 feb 20237–8 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Learn how present-day material platforms are built to perform quantum information processing tasks.
- Inicia el 27 mar 20237–8 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
Learn domain-specific quantum algorithms and how to run them on present-day quantum hardware.
- Inició el 13 feb 20236–9 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Learn about quantum sensors and devices that extract maximal information from the world around us.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must successfully complete and earn a verified certificate in all five of the MicroMasters program courses with an average grade of B or higher.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program.
If you have completed Purdue MicroMasters courses with a grade of B or higher, you can apply these credits towards Purdue’s online Electrical and Computer Engineering Master’s degree on edX.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies – which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- Engineers and scientists with skills related to quantum technology and its applications are expected to be in high demand in industries in both the public and private sector.
- Career opportunities include quantum programming, RF engineering, optical measurement and communication, cryogenic design and engineering, and quantum system engineering.
Conoce a tus instructores de Purdue University (PurdueX)
Expertos de PurdueX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
- In each course in the MicroMasters, you must earn a passing grade as determined by the course grading scheme.
- No. Lectures are recorded and can be watched at times that are convenient to you. However, assignments and exams will have specific due dates.
- We expect that a typical learner will complete this MicroMasters program in two consecutive semesters, taking Introduction to Quantum Science and Technology in the fall semester and the remaining courses in the spring semester.
- If you have completed Purdue MicroMasters courses with a grade of B or higher you can apply these credits towards the Purdue MSECE. We encourage you to apply after completing one MicroMasters program to ensure you meet all plan-of-study requirements for the MSECE. While your performance in a Purdue MicroMasters program will be an important evaluation factor, admission is not guaranteed.