Lo que aprenderás
- Manage an organization's financial operations; including revenues, expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Evaluate alternative investments by using time value of money calculations, and understanding their effect on cash flow.
- Perform financial analyses and modeling.
- Contribute to strategic management decision-making and operational problem-solving.
- Use case studies of real companies facing financial challenges to analyze situations, assess risks, and propose courses of action.
Do you want to advance your career and move toward an organizational leadership position, such as a Chief Financial Officer? Ideal for midcareer professionals, this MicroMasters program will help you build the skills you’ll need to make high-level decisions that impact your organization's current operations and financial future.
You will gain hands-on experience as you report and analyze financial transactions of corporations. Further, you will learn how to assess risks and returns of alternative investments by analyzing SEC 10-K reports of Fortune 500 companies and enhance your ability to make effective financial management decisions to prepare for future career advancement.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Accounting and Financial Management de UMGC y USMx
- Inició el Jul 14, 20208–10 horas por semana durante 8 semanas
Ever wonder how Wall Street investors compare corporations? Learn to prepare, analyze, and compare financial statements for publically traded U.S. corporations.
- Inició el Sep 22, 20208–10 horas por semana durante 8 semanas
Gain the skills necessary to effectively manage a corporation’s finances. Learn to use discounted cash flow, rate-of-return analyses and other financial management tools to evaluate projects, investments, and financial instruments.
- Inicia el Dec 1, 20208–10 horas por semana durante 8 semanas
Learn what it takes to hold a company’s financial future in your hands, as you learn how financial managers respond to the long-term financial needs of a corporation and the roles of capital markets.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all four MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Through UMGC’s Graduate Accounting programs, learners can combine a MicroMasters program certificate with online coursework at UMGC to earn a Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management (MSAF). Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to transition into the Master’s program in Accounting and Financial Management at the University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC). This program is fully online. Students will need to complete the application process to UMGC and meet all admission requirements for The Graduate School. For more information visit: https://www.umgc.edu/admissions/admission-requirements/graduate-admissions.cfm.
The Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program certificate will count for 12 credits toward the full Master’s degree (36 credits are required for graduation with the MS in Accounting and Financial Management degree).
- Accounting and Auditing industries are expanding faster than average and are expected to grow at 11% through 2024 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- In 2016, the median annual salaries for accountants and auditors with a bachelor’s degree was $68,150 and the median annual salary for financial managers was $121,750 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Potential career roles for people with similar training include corporate accountant, management accountant, financial manager, budget analysts, financial analysts, insurance underwriters, and loan officer.
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de UMGC, USMx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
UMGC’s MicroMasters program in Accounting and Financial Management prepares individuals for finance careers within organizations. Learners who successfully complete the program will be well-positioned to play active roles in the evolving future of accounting and financial management, and to become trusted financial advisors and strategic decision-makers for businesses.
- Thank you for your interest in the MicroMasters program in Software Testing and Verification. Please note that this program is being discontinued. No courses will be offered after December 2020. The schedule for the final offering of each course in this program is provided below. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- No. To earn the MicroMasters program certificate you need to successfully earn a verified certificate in all four Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program courses when they are scheduled and then, pass the comprehensive final exam. The courses are on an instructor-paced schedule rather than self-paced, so there is no way to reduce the time to complete them.
- Yes. If you are interested in the Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program certificate, you must successfully pass and receive a verified certificate in each of the three Accounting and Financial Management Program courses (AFM601x, AFM602x, AFM603x, and AFM604x) as well as successfully pass the comprehensive final exam.
- The comprehensive final exam will be offered on a set schedule (most likely two to three times per year) and will be administered via a virtual proctor. The details are being worked out, but the first exam will not be offered until late 2017 at the earliest.
- Yes. You need to be admitted to the Master’s program. The MicroMasters program certificate does not guarantee admission. The Learner will need to complete the application process to UMGC and meet all entrance requirements for The Graduate School. For more information visit: https://www.umgc.edu/admissions/admission-requirements/graduate-admissions.cfm
- You will receive an individual verified certificate for each Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program course that you pass as a verified student. Students passing the comprehensive final exam and all four Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program courses on a verified track will receive a MicroMasters program certificate.
- No. The program content and course projects are sequential allowing the learner to build on subsequent work. Completing the listed prerequisite courses is essential in order to be successful in the course work.
- Students must achieve a grade of 80% or higher for a passing grade in each of the four Accounting and Financial Management courses in the MicroMasters program.
- The Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters program is designed for individuals who want to develop theoretical and technical competencies required to design online learning experiences.
- Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to the Graduate Accounting program with no need to take the GMAT or GRE examination. Learners who have earned a MicroMasters program certificate would be credited for 12 credit hours (36 credit hours are required for graduation with an Accounting and Financial Management master’s degree).
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
- To ensure that your program remains relevant and up-to-date, UMGC sets time limits for completing a program. Students have five (5) consecutive years from the start of the graduate degree to complete their degree. For students who start with a MicroMasters, their “time clock” begins on the date that they complete their last course in the MicroMasters program and receive their Verified Certificate. This means that students should apply to UMGC promptly to begin the degree and have as much time as possible to complete it.