Lo que aprenderás
- Why companies need to continuously innovate strategically
- How to identify weak signals, market discontinuities and non-linear shifts that shape the future evolution of an industry
- How to execute breakthrough innovation strategies
- How can firms build the requisite organizational DNA to create the future while managing the present
Vijay Govindarajan, known as VG, is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best Selling author, Coxe Distinguished Professor at Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business, two-time winner of the prestigious McKinsey Award for the Best Article published in Harvard Business Review, and one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and innovation.
VG brings his expert knowledge to this Professional Certificate program, which will introduce you to the Three Box framework, which has the potential to transform the future of any organization that embraces it – whether it’s a large enterprise, a mid-size business, a start up, or a nonprofit organization.
The Three Box framework is a simple and proven method that allows organizations to successfully allocate an organization’s energy, time and resources across three boxes: Box 1 Manage the present: Managing the core business at peak efficiency Box 2 Selectively forget the past: Abandon ideas, practices, and attitudes that could inhibit innovation Box 3 Create the future: Develop and convert breakthrough ideas into new products and businesses
The Three Box framework makes leading innovation within your organization easier. VG has worked with CEOs and top management teams in more than 25% of the Fortune 500 firms, including Boeing, Coca-Cola, FedEx, General Electric, IBM, J.P. Morgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, The New York Times, Procter & Gamble, Sony, and Wal-Mart, to discuss, challenge, and escalate their thinking about strategy and innovation. VG’s extensive research and consulting has resulted in the Best Seller The Three Box Solution: A Strategy for Leading Innovation, on which the two courses are based.
The content of these courses is relevant for a large corporation, a mid-size business, a startup or a nonprofit organization. Because innovation is a team sport, the Professional Certificate program is useful for individuals who intend to advance careers in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Service, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance.
This is your opportunity to learn from the best and prepare your organization for success in the future.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Leading Innovation with Vijay Govindarajan de DartmouthX
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanasAn introduction to strategy and innovation expert Vijay Govindarajan's Three Box framework that has the potential to transform any organization that embraces it.
- Top Management and Executive occupations are projected to grow 8% from 2016 to 2026, which is the average pace. This will result in 193,000 new jobs during this 10-year period (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Median salary $103,950. (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Top Executives work in all industries, for both small and large organizations. They often work long hours and travel is common. They develop the strategies their organizations will use for successful operation.
- The course is useful for individuals who intend to advance careers in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Service, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance.
Conoce a tu instructor
Expertos de DartmouthX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Given the incredible pace of change disrupting industries today, no company can survive by its sole reliance on a few individual leaders at the top trying to assess, and respond, to these disrupters. EVERY employee must take up this mantle in his, or her, respective job, function, business unit, market and/or geography. But to upskill an entire organization to think this way in real time can seem overwhelming. This is precisely why these two edX courses created and taught by one of the world's most capable strategists is so timely, and so critical to a company's long term success. Any employee who wants to think, and act like a leader... one who can hypothesize what the future holds and act accordingly would benefit from completing these two courses on innovation. The simplicity, and power of application of VG's Box 3 thinking simply cannot be overstated. Hasbro leaders have found Three Box Solution practical and impactful.
At P&G, we take a holistic approach to innovation to meet the needs of the consumers we serve. This means partnering across all of our functions, including marketing, supply chain, technology, human resources, and finance to create and execute winning innovations. We have worked with Vijay Govindarajan to strengthen our approach to innovation, leveraging the insights from his latest book Three Box Solution. As a result, we believe managers in all functional areas can benefit from developing their innovation skills through professional certificate programs like those being offered through edX.
At Prudential, Vijay Govindarajan has helped shape our thinking on the theory and practice of innovation. The rate of change will only accelerate in the future. Innovation is therefore going to be even more important. Whether you are a manager in the marketing function or in human resources or in finance, you must acquire capabilities to spot unmet customer problems, conceive new business models, test critical assumptions, come up with appropriate scorecard, and build the talent and the team to convert ideas into impact. Earning a Professional Certificate in Vijay's Developing Breakthrough Innovations and Executing Breakthrough Innovations will help you develop these critical capabilities.