Lo que aprenderás
- Enhance and tailor written, verbal and non-verbal communication to various workplace audiences, including managers, teammates and clients.
- Improve critical thinking and listening skills to respond to the needs of various constituents in workplace settings.
- Tools and strategies for engaging in successful business interactions.
- How to incorporate best practices for presentations, including how to use visuals to enhance your storytelling.
Soft skills are today's power skills. They are a blend of interpersonal, communication and social intelligence skills that are in high demand across all industries and jobs.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the essential soft skills employers value most, from communication fundamentals and teamwork to advancing critical thinking.
A strong foundation of communication skills, planning, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail, and critical thinking are critical to success in the workplace. Together, these skills will help you build relationships and improve productivity with internal and external clients.
In this this program, you will focus on:
- Active listening, written and verbal communication in the workplace
- Leading, and working well with team members and peers
- Best practices for performing a strategic analysis of a problem in the workplace
- Crafting a message tailored to a particular audience
- Practical guidelines for speaking in front of groups successfully
- How to use visual elements to elevate your presentations
By earning the Soft Skills Professional Certificate, you will be able to showcase skills that are a game-changer for career growth.
The courses in this program may be audited for free. This program also allows learners the opportunity to earn a verified Soft Skills Professional Certificate upon successful completion of all the courses. Exclusive learning opportunities such as live events hosted by subject matter experts will be available for verified learners who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate.
Cursos en este programa
Soft Skills Professional Certificate de RITx
- 4–6 horas por semana durante 3 semanasThe most successful professionals are able to assess the environment, analyze a situation, design a solution, and ultimately win in a competitive scenario.
- U.S. employers are facing a major gap in employee preparedness in soft skills, which account for approximately 1/3 of skills requested in all U.S. job postings. (Source: EAB, Tackling the ‘Soft’ Skills Gap, 2016).
- Writing, communication, and organizational skills are scarce, and in demand across nearly every occupation, even in technical fields. (Source: Burning Glass Technologies, The Human Factor, 2015).
- The soft skills that matter most to employers are oral communication skills, teamwork, decision-making, and critical thinking. (Source: EAB, Soft Skills That Matter to Most Employers, 2016).
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de RITx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
To remain competitive in today’s environment, it’s no longer enough to build your organization with specialized, highly skilled professionals. To be considered high-performing, those people must also be well-rounded: great at building productive relationships, excellent internal and external customer service providers, critical thinkers, strategic planners, and—above all—expert communicators. This new paradigm has created a skill gap in the workplace. The Professional Certificate in Soft Skills program provides the tools to fill this gap and help professionals take their skills—and their career—to the next level.
In today’s competitive marketplace, it has become increasingly critical that even the most highly-skilled and technically proficient professionals are also expert communicators, collaborators, writers, and leaders. At Xerox, the job candidates and employees who stand out are those who have excellent management, organizational, and critical thinking skills. The professionals who are both skilled in their field and in soft skills are the ones who will get the job, move ahead more quickly in their career, and build working relationships critical to success. The Professional Certificate in Soft Skills program helps professionals add these essential capabilities to perform at a higher level and gain the competitive edge.
At CoreCentric Solutions, Inc., we’ve found that one of our key differentiators in the marketplace is our people, and more specifically, their broad range of skills. The employees who advance our organization and their own careers not only possess a high level of proficiency in their unique role, but are also adept at what are referred to as “soft” skills like leadership, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. Truly agile organizations and professionals recognize the importance of these skills. The Professional Certificate in Soft Skills program provides accessible, practical instruction on how a professional in any field can add these skills to their “toolbox” of capabilities.
At Caterpillar, our top people have succeeded—and helped our company to succeed—not just because they possess a superior level of skill in their area of specialization, but because they have also mastered the ability to build relationships with internal and external customers, think critically to solve problems and make decisions, and communicate in a way that is easily understood. The Professional Certificate in Soft Skills program is an excellent way for both employees and leaders to elevate their business success by gaining these essential skills.