Essential Human Biology: Cells and Tissues
About this courseSkip About this course
Are you preparing for a health-related career, or planning to study in the health sciences? Perhaps you're just keen to learn more about the wonders of the human body? Our bodies are amazing but complex biological machines. This course will provide you with an outstanding foundation of knowledge in human anatomy and physiology.
You will gain a broad understanding of the relationships between normal structure and function in human cells and tissues, both in health and disease. The properties of the four main types of tissue in the body - epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous - will also be clearly explained.
The course employs a variety of engaging learning methods, including short videos, animations, interactive activities and integrated quizzes to guide you through key concepts, and make learning relevant.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Planning, Human Biology, Physiology, Health Sciences, Anatomy, Biology, Animations
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Knowledge of structure and function of human cells and tissues.
- Understanding of basic human anatomy and physiology.
- Preparation for study of health sciences and careers in health. *