Hay una sesión disponible:
Build Your First IoT Application with Arm
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Arm technology powered the smartphone revolution, and now it’s helping power the Internet of Things (IoT). This course will provide you with an accelerated path to gain the knowledge necessary to thrive in a world transformed by innovations in IoT.
You’ll start your learning journey in this course by understanding the fundamentals of IoT, but quickly move to practical projects that will teach you the essentials of building Arm-based IoT applications.
For example, we’ll show you how to create your own environmental sensor using the popular ST DISCO-L475VG board.
Given that mobile computing platforms are where IoT often happens, we’ll also give you a basic understanding of Android application design, so you can integrate your mobile device into your IoT applications.
In the final lab exercise, you’ll complete the course by creating an activity tracker that uses simple heuristic modelling to predict different classes of activities.
IoT applications have the potential to change the lives of billions around the world. This is why we’ll also provide you with the social context behind the technology. The course includes videos that illustrate the global impact of IoT applications – especially in emerging economies such as Africa. From ‘smart farming’, to solar panels and ‘blood drones’ - each case study contextualises IoT in real ‘first mile’ and ‘last mile’ applications, to help you understand the transformative impact of this technology in the real world.
Over the 6 modules, you will gain a key overview of:
• Internet of Things (IoT) fundamentals
• IoT and embedded system architectures
• Embedded application programming
• Connectivity and networking technologies such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), LoRaWAN, ZigBee, and the IEEE 802.1 protocols
• Cloud computing
While not a requirement for this course, we recommend that learners who would like to improve their embedded systems skills (one of the essential technologies behind IoT implementations), also take our Embedded Systems Essentials on Arm edX program.
The Internet of Things is one of the fundamental building blocks of the next wave of computing. Forge your own career path in this connected world by enrolling in our course today!
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How to implement a program to control peripherals on a microcontroller
- How to develop a program to read values from on-board sensors
- How to implement a program that sends on-board sensor values via BLE to a BLE scanner mobile app
- How to implement a program to send sensor values from a device to a cloud database using WiFi – displaying the data in a webpage
- How to implement a simple Android app for displaying cloud data
- How to use a simple heuristic model in the cloud to predict different classes of activities using the sensors on-board in real time – sending the data to a mobile app.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
The course consists of six modules:
Module 1: What is the Internet of Things
You will be able to outline the foundational principles of the Internet of Things (IoT) and key challenges involved in building an IoT based application.
Module 2: IoT Systems Architecture
You will be able to identify and evaluate key IoT architectures that are best suited for a particular application.
Module 3: IoT Device Architecture
You will be able to identify the elements of IoT hardware architecture, including the different types of memory, the principles of sensors and the role of I/O.
Module 4: IoT Connectivity of Things
You will be able to explain the different wireless technologies used in IoT and implement a simple BLE program.
Module 5: IoT Connectivity on the Internet
You will be able to identify and differentiate between the key communication protocols (EEE 802.11 / EEE 802.11a) and LPWAN technologies used in IoT applications.
Module 6: The Cloud
You will be able to define the concept of ‘the Cloud’ and identify different Cloud interfacing protocols.