Elige tu sesión:
Elige tu sesión:
Data Analytics for Business
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Today, businesses, consumers, and societies leave behind massive amounts of data as a by-product of their activities. Leading-edge companies in every industry are using analytics to replace intuition and guesswork in their decision-making. As a result, managers are collecting and analyzing enormous data sets to discover new patterns and insights and running controlled experiments to test hypotheses.
This course prepares students to understand business analytics and become leaders in these areas in business organizations. This course teaches the scientific process of transforming data into insights for making better business decisions. It covers the methodologies, issues, and challenges related to analyzing business data. It will illustrate the processes of analytics by allowing students to apply business analytics algorithms and methodologies to business problems. The use of examples places business analytics techniques in context and teaches students how to avoid the common pitfalls, emphasizing the importance of applying proper business analytics techniques.
De un vistazo
- Institución: GTx
- Tema: Negocios y administración
- Nivel: Advanced
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods
- Associated skills:Data Analysis, Controlled Experiments, Scientific Methods, Decision Making, Business Analytics, Algorithms
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
After taking this course, students should be able to:
- approach business problems data-analytically. Students should be able to think carefully and systematically about whether and how data and business analytics can improve business performance.
- develop business analytics ideas, analyze data using business analytics software, and generate business insights.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
We will be learning business analytics with the help of open source and free software applications that are provided for educational use. Please follow instructions provided in their respective websites and install the following software in your personal laptop:
- R – see https://www.r-project.org/
- R Studio – see https://www.rstudio.com/