Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
A long history of systemic discrimination, unfair policies, mistreatment, and bias against marginalized racial and ethnic groups have led to a global reckoning on race and racism in countries across the globe. Drawing on research and practitioner insights, we have come together to share personal stories and knowledge to bring to life inclusion frameworks and concepts. Through this course, you will explore the concepts of racism, intersectionality, and “Emotional Tax” and their impact on marginalized racial and ethnic groups in and outside of work. Emotional Tax—being on guard to protect against bias because of race, ethnicity, and gender and experiencing the associated effects on well-being and ability to thrive at work—is often acutely painful. Develop inclusive leadership skills, foundational insights, points of self-reflection, and an action plan to take initial steps to address exclusion and unfair treatment in the workplace and beyond.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Begin reflecting on aspects of your identity, including your racial and ethnic identity, and the lived experiences you bring to work.
- Explore what anti-racism and intersectionality mean and how they play a role in workplaces and society.
- Understand what Emotional Tax is, and its impact on marginalized racial and ethnic groups.
- Identify actions you can take to address racial inequities in your workplace and community.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Part 1: Introduction to Facing Racism in the Workplace / Exploring our Identities
- Begin reflecting on the intersecting aspects of your identity, including your racial and ethnic identity, and the lived experiences you bring to work.
- Part 2: Why Does Anti-Racism Matter / Introducing the Concepts
- Review the key concepts of racism, structural racism, and microagressions, and understand why anti-racism matters and the role it plays in workplaces and society.
- Part 3: Understanding Emotional Tax: Research and Experiences
- Learn about Emotional Tax and its associated effects on health and well-being.
- Part 4: Anti-Racism through Empathy and Allyship / Action Planning
- Explore Catalyst's "Listen-Learn-Link Up-Lead" framework and how practicing inclusive behaviors creates opportunities to feel valued and respected. Identify actions you can take to address racial inequities in your workplace and community through fostering empathy and allyship.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$49 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo