Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Hardware and Operating Systems
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
If you’re ready to enter the world of Information Technology (IT), you need job-ready skills. Understanding the fundamentals of computer hardware and operating systems is critical to any technology related job role like Technical Support or Software Development.
This course introduces you to the brain of a computer—its operating system software, where you’ll become familiar with the fundamentals of the Microsoft Windows operating system. You’ll gain skills to describe internal key hardware computer components, including motherboard components, central processing unit (CPU) memory, hard drives, expansion slots, and more.
This course will equip you with the knowledge to identify the various hardware connections, including categories of ports, add-on peripherals such as mice, and other hardware components. And you’ll learn the basics, including standard workstation setup, commonly used operating system settings, screen capture commands, and best-in-class troubleshooting practices.
This course provides hands-on experience with a real-world inspired project to add to your portfolio, demonstrating your hardware and operating systems knowledge with troubleshooting malfunctioning computer systems.
This course is for anyone new to IT and computer hardware or who wants to start an IT support-related profession as a Help Desk Support Specialist, IT Support Specialist, Virtual Customer Service Agent, or Technical Support Representative. And those interested in showcasing their analytical and evaluation skills through hands-on practice labs to become job-ready with real-world skills.
De un vistazo
- Institución: IBM
- Tema: Informática
- Nivel: Introductory
Basic computer literacy.
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Information Technology (IT) Support PC
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Associated skills:Information Technology, Motherboard, Operating Systems, Expansion Cards, Technical Support, Screen Capture, Peripheral Devices, Help Desk Support, Hard Disk Drives, Troubleshooting (Problem Solving), Customer Service, Computer Hardware
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Demonstrate an understanding of operating systems fundamentals.
- Recognize desktop and laptop hardware components and devices.
- Identify commonly used interfaces and peripherals.
- Describe workstation setup practices, operating system settings, and good troubleshooting practices.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 1: Computing Fundamentals and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Computer Fundamentals
- An Introduction to Operating systems
- Features and Functions of an Operating system Part 1, Part 2
- Common Computing Devices and Platforms
- Activity: Operating System Terminology
Module 2: Hardware and Components
- Identifying Hardware Components and Peripherals
- Printers and Scanners
- Optical Drives and External Storage
Module 3: Interfaces, Peripherals, and Connectors
- Identifying Ports and Connectors
- Identifying Graphic Devices
- Identifying Audio Connectors
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- Peripheral and Printer Connections
- Installation Types
- Activity: Identifying Devices and Connectors
Module 4: Internal Computer Components
- Internal Computer Components
- Data Processing and Storage
- Internal Storage
- Display Cards and Sound Cards
- Network Interface Cards
- Cooling Fans
- Activity: Identifying Internal Computer Components
Module 5: Workstation Evaluation, Setup, and Troubleshooting
- Workstation Evaluation and Setup
- Windows Operating System Configuration Part 1, Part 2
- Activity: Setting Up Workstations and Changing Settings
- Managing File and Folders
- Activity: Navigating Files and Folders
- Screen Capture and Tools
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Introduction to Business Continuity Principles
Module 6: Final Quiz and Hands-on Exercise: Linux Terminal