Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Managing Marketing in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Marketing within the hotel and tourism industry presents unique challenges, as marketers are tasked with selling services and memories rather than goods. In this hospitality management course, you will learn how to apply marketing knowledge and skills to the hotel and tourism industry. You will learn best practices for building customer loyalty and creating a strong brand and learn how to efficiently communicate to stakeholders through integrated marketing communications. You will also learn about the importance of marketing to both previous and new customers.
Students' learning experience will be enhanced through the use of creative approaches to solve marketing problems in hotel and tourism settings.
Note that this course is priced at USD $278.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Examine and evaluate the marketing theories and concepts within the context of management and operations of hospitality and tourism organizations
- Analyze the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers of hospitality and tourism services/products
- Evaluate the contributions and impacts of hospitality and tourism in social, economic, political, cultural, and other areas
- Analyze and apply various marketing theories and concepts to practical applications in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Communicate and respond appropriately to stakeholders in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify marketing problems within the hospitality and tourism context, and apply marketing knowledge and skills to solve the problems
- Organize and analyze related numerical and graphical data, and translate them into business information.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1: Introduction
Introducing the course, marketing theories and concepts within the context of hospitality and tourism industry.
Examining the changing hospitality and tourism environment, and discussing its impacts on and implications for the marketing of hospitality and tourism.
Week 2: Strategic Marketing
Analyzing the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers, how it evolves over time, and the role of strategic marketing in hospitality and tourism.
Week 3: Branding and Positioning
Reviewing differentiation, segmentation, and target marketing; and understanding their applications in hospitality marketing and destination marketing.
Reviewing the relationship between service quality and human resources in marketing.
Week 4: Individual Customers and Organizational Customers
Understanding individual customers and their motivation in hospitality and tourism.
Understanding organizational customers and success factors of marketing Meeting, Incentive, Conference, and Exhibition (MICE) business.
Week 5: Market Segmentation Analysis
Reviewing the concept, role, approaches, conduction, and future trends of market segmentation analysis in tourism industry.
Week 6: Integrated Marketing Communication
Discussing the role of marketing communication in hospitality and tourism, analyzing the effectiveness of different communication platforms, and examining the fast-changing landscape in digital marketing.
Week 7: Destination Experience Marketing and Management
Introducing the concept of destination marketing, discussing the key challenges in strategic marketing, describing destination experience planning in action, and illustrating successful international case studies related to destination marketing.
Week 8: Ethics and Sustainability in Marketing
Examining the relationship between corporate social responsibility and marketing, ethics in marketing, and the consideration of sustainability in marketing.