Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The knowledge economy, scientific and technological advances, democratic society, and other factors all exert pressure on education systems to develop students’ ability to think well—to think effectively, critically, and creatively. The movement for teaching thinking, which emerged in the West in the last third of the 20th century and thereafter expanded throughout the world, responded to this challenge with theories that address the question: What is the factor that generates good thinking and how does one teach it? There are multiple and occasionally contradictory answers to this question.
The course presents a conceptual map to elucidate the theories of and approaches to teaching thinking:
- The skills approach aims to impart thinking skills through demonstration and practice.
- The dispositions approach aims to instill good thinking dispositions through modeling and organizational culture.
- The understanding approach aims to help students develop understandings through undermining and inquiry.
Each approach defines the key concepts of the subject—“thinking,” “good thinking,” and “educating for thinking”—in its own distinctive way. With an understanding of the approaches to teaching thinking, we can teach students, workers, and citizens to think better.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Familiarity with the movement for teaching thinking through a conceptual map that divides the movement into three approaches: skills, dispositions, and understanding
- What good thinking is and, naturally, the skills, dispositions and understandings that will help improve your thinking
- How to teach students or employees in knowledge-based workplaces to think better—more effectively, critically, and creatively
- Whether our current schools, including our colleges and universities, teach students to think well
- Inspiration to develop new educational environments that will develop and nurture student thinking
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$89 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo