Birds 101: Introduction to Pet Birds
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Birds are amazing animals! They are extremely intelligent, quite social, and some can make ideal companions! From parrots to parakeets, chickens to canaries and cockatoos, there are many species of birds to choose from when considering these feathered friends as pets.
This course provides introductory material about pet bird care including behavioral characteristics of different species of birds, bird handling, anatomy and physiology, and keeping birds as pets. Bird enthusiasts, pet bird owners, and others who work with birds will learn interesting and practical information!
De un vistazo
- Institución: UTennesseeX
- Tema: Biología y ciencias humanas
- Nivel: Introductory
No previous knowledge of birds is required to succeed in this class.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Associated skills:Animal Husbandry, Physiology, Anatomy
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Basic behavioral characteristics of birds commonly kept as pets, including parakeets, parrots, canaries and more
- Basic husbandry, nutrition, and biosecurity for pet birds
- Anatomy and physiology of birds
- Common veterinary procedures used for birds in clinical settings
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 1: Fundamental information about keeping birds as pets including behavioral characteristics of different species, husbandry and nutrition, and disease prevention.
Module 2: Introduction to avian anatomy and physiology focusing on differences from mammals that make birds unique and amazing.
Module 3: Introduction to basic veterinary procedures used when handling and caring for birds in a clinical setting.