Elige tu sesión:
Elige tu sesión:
Buyer Behaviour and Analysis
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
For marketers, an understanding of how a consumer selects, purchases, uses and disposes of products and services is pertinent to successfully managing the marketing function.
In this course, you will learn about the role of consumer behaviour within marketing. We will discuss how this behaviour is shaped by the social and cultural environment, as well as a number of psychological factors.
You will learn about decision-making processes in consumption behaviour in different buying situations. This will develop your ability to integrate marketing processes at a higher level.
Concepts drawn from various disciplines such as psychology, economics and anthropology will be examined.
This course is part of the CurtinX MicroMasters Credential in Marketing in a Digital World that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the five courses.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Apply analytical tools to determine how culture, personality and lifestyle affect the behaviour of consumers and self
- Analyse how consumer attitudes are formed, and consumer opinions change in order to better understand your own and other's personal consumption experiences
- Evaluate how different sources of group influences can affect and radically change consumers' consumption
- Create specific marketing strategies that focus around what motivates consumers, what captures their attention and what retains their loyalty
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Topic 1: Introduction to buyer behaviour
- Basic consumer behaviour concepts such as consumer needs and wants and market segmentation, as well as a psychological approach to understanding consumer behaviour
Topic 2: Culture
- How cultural diversity and differences influence the way that consumers make decisions
Topic 3: Consumer decision making
- Individual decision-making processes to understand if consumers make rational decisions, or if there are systematic biases in the ways people make decisions
Topic 4: E-commerce buying behaviour
- How buyers behave in an online environment and identifying online technologies within modern marketing
Topic 5: Perception and unconscious thought.
- The consumer perception process, sensory marketing, semiotics and subliminal advertising techniques
Topic 6: Learning, memory and product positioning
- How basic cognitive processes (e.g., attention, learning and memory, self-control, and emotions) shape consumer decision-making
Topic 7: Motivation and involvement
- The motivational drivers towards behaviour and involvement with the product, the marketing message, and purchase situation
Topic 8: Attitude formation and change
- The nature of attitudes, attitude development and persuasion techniques
Topic 9: Gender stereotypes and social identity
- The consumer's self-concept, gender identity, ideals of beauty and body decoration or mutilation
Topic 10: Consumer ethics and misbehaviour
- How consumers' ethical concerns about business practices influence their purchase behaviour