Debt Sustainability Analysis
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
What causes a country’s debt to become unsustainable? How do we assess debt sustainability of public and external debt? How can countries manage their debt portfolio?
This online course aims to provide a comprehensive overview of debt sustainability analysis (DSA) and a medium-term debt management strategy framework adopted by the IMF and the World Bank.
Specifically, the course will: (i) introduce the main principles of debt sustainability; (ii) cover recently updated DSA frameworks — both for advanced and emerging markets and for low-income countries — with an emphasis on country data; (iii) present a medium-term debt management strategy (MTDS) framework; and (iv) illustrate debt sustainability analysis under uncertainty.
Whether you have a professional interest in debt sustainability or debt management or you are simply curious about these issues, we hope that you will join us in this in-depth study of one of the most critical and current issues in economic policy today!
Debt Sustainability Analysis is offered by the IMF with financial support from the Debt Management Facility (DMF).
The IMF’s online learning program receives financial support from the Government of Japan.
De un vistazo
- Institución: IMFx
- Tema: Economía y finanzas
- Nivel: Intermediate
- Prerrequisitos: Some knowledge of macroeconomics is desirable. Some exercises require using Excel.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Associated skills:Curiosity, Economic Policy, Debt Management Planning
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Macroeconomic variables that impact a country's debt
- Definitions of debt sustainability
- How to develop a debt management strategy
- About debt sustainability under uncertainty