Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The business landscape is changing so rapidly that traditional management, business and computing courses do not meet the needs for the next generation of workers in the business world. Most traditional methods are of a repetitive, rule-based nature and will be gradually replaced by Artificial Intelligence. In the knowledge era, the most value added job will be to manage knowledge, which includes how knowledge is created, mined, processed, shared and reused in different trades and industry. At the same time, the amount of data and information (prerequisites of knowledge) is exploding exponentially. By 2020, IDC projects that the size of the digital universe will reach 40 zetabytes from all sources including, websites, weblog, sensors, and social media. Digitalisation, Cloud Computing, Big data will transform how we live, work and even think in a Networked Economy. These trends and more will have a profound effect on how we see the world and create policies. In this course, the following topics and more are covered:
- What is knowledge management?
- How is knowledge captured, elicited, organized and created in business?
- Managing knowledge at the enterprise, SMBs and personal levels
- Digitalisation and its impact on the workplace, collaborations and new value creation
- What is big data and how can we use data analytics from a laymen perspective?
- What is Open Linked Data and how can it support machine reasoning?
- How can new knowledge be mined from big data?
- What are the technical and social problems with big data?
The Cloud as a canvas for service design and business model re-invention
What are examples of applications and case studies?
The course is offered by the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Most of our research is company and industry based. Capabilities and competencies of the KMIRC are further strengthened by the international alliances it has formed with leading practitioners, many of which are regarded as members of the "Hall of Fame" in knowledge management, and renowned worldwide. The course is suitable for participants with a background in humanities, management, social science, physical science or engineering. No prior technical background is needed.
De un vistazo
- Institución: HKPolyUx
- Tema: Negocios y administración
- Nivel: Introductory
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Business Excellence in a knowledge-driven Industry 4.0 world
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Associated skills:Social Sciences, Service Design, Business Modeling, Cloud Computing, Reasoning Systems, Management, Social Issue, Physical Science, Data Analysis, Big Data, Knowledge Management, Artificial Intelligence
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the role of Knowledge Management (KM) practitioners in creating business value
- Become familiar with the techniques and tools for capturing, processing, classifying and organizing knowledge
- How to analyze large quantities of data and information through analytics
- How to use Cloud Services to derive new values and business models
- Understand the role of social media and technologies in innovating new business services
- Apply the principles you have learnt to company-based business projects