Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Project teams usually spend a large portion of their time solving problems instead of preventing them. Project risk management seeks to preemptively manage positive and negative events that may affect a project so as to improve its chance of success.
What will you be able to do by the end of the course?
- Identify risks in scenarios of uncertainty
- Determine who can help you
- Understand how to manage risks in settings with limited resources
- Develop risk response strategies
- Monitor and update risks throughout the life of the project
Who is this course for?
- Project managers or supervisors
- Project team members
- Funders and financiers
- Public officials from national, subnational, and municipal entities
- Professionals from different fields who help develop and execute projects
- Professionals Interested in risk management in development projects
By taking this course you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other participants. There will be a case study through which you will be able to apply best risk-management practices to a project and you will also carry out practical exercises that will help you understand key concepts.
Course content is based on the Inter-American Development Bank’s risk management methodology, which is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Sixth Edition, 2017, of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) has authorized the INDES, a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), to grant 30 professional development units (PDUs) if you receive the certificate for this course.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Identify the main stages involved in preparing a risk management plan for development projects following theIDB’s methodology, which is based on PMI’s international standards, to successfully achieve expected results and impacts.
- Recognize the process of identifying risks that may affect the project and documenting their characteristics to facilitate risk analysis and subsequent management.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk analysis process and evaluating and combining risks’ probability of occurrence and impact to prioritize them.
- Recognize risk management strategies that allow for managing opportunities and threats that could impact the project’s objectives.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk monitoring process and continuously optimizing responses to improve efficiency when managing the project life cycle.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$25 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Enrich your experience by participating in the risk analysis of an economic and social development project in the field. Get to know the real work involved in risk management and enjoy an experience in the field that will consolidate the knowledge you acquired in the course.
Those participants who obtain the best scores at the end of the course will be entered into a raffle for the option to attend an IDB Risk Management Workshop in 2020.*
Therefore, the winner will be able to learn firsthand what the work of a risk manager entails and how to work as a team on managing this highly significant project management area. It will also be a great opportunity to network and meet people who are interested in the subject, as well as to learn from our specialists.
What are you waiting for? Register now for the Risk Management in Development Projects course and boost your career!
*The contest is available to residents of countries in the Americas and the Caribbean.