Elige tu sesión:
Supply Chain Fundamentals
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This Supply Chain Fundamentals course is part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management, offered by #1 ranked SCM Master's program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The CTL.SC1x Supply Chain Fundamentals course provides the foundational skills for supply chain management and logistics. You will learn how to develop and apply analytic tools, approaches, and techniques used in the design and operation of logistics systems and integrated supply chains. The material is taught from a managerial perspective, with an emphasis on where and how specific tools can be used to improve the overall performance and reduce the total cost of a supply chain. We place a strong emphasis on the development and use of fundamental mathematical models to illustrate the underlying concepts involved in both intra- and inter-company logistics operations.
The main topic areas we will focus on this course are:
- Demand Forecasting, Planning, and Management
- Inventory Planning, Management, and Control
- Transportation Planning, Management, and Execution
While our main objective is to develop and use models to help us analyze these situations, we will make heavy use of examples from industry to provide illustrations of the concepts in practice. This is neither a purely theoretical nor a case study course, but rather an applied analytical course that addresses real problems found in practice.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Supply Chain Management
- Habilidades asociadas:Mathematical Modeling, Operations, Management, Supply Chain Management, Planning, Sales, Analytic Applications, Supply Chain, Forecasting
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Incorporate and manage uncertainty and risk within supply chain management
- Segment different customers, products, and channels and design an optimal portfolio of logistics approaches and strategies for these various segments
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate forecasting methodology for each segment
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate inventory replenishment policy for each segment
- Select the optimal transportation routing and modal choice for each segment
Preguntas frecuentesOmitir Preguntas frecuentes
MITx requires individuals who enroll in its courses on edX to abide by the terms of the edX honor code. MITx will take appropriate corrective action in response to violations of the edX honor code, which may include dismissal from the MITx course; revocation of any certificates received for the MITx course; or other remedies as circumstances warrant. No refunds will be issued in the case of corrective action for such violations.
MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management
The MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management is specifically designed and administered by MIT’s Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL) to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting and growing field. In addition to being a standalone certificate demonstrating expertise in the field, students who complete all of the required courses and the final proctored exam will be qualified to apply to gain credit at MIT for the blended graduate master's degree program. In order to qualify for the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management you need to earn a Verified Certificate in all of the required courses. When you register for a Verified Certificate you will also be granted access to additional practice problems, supplemental readings, and opportunities for increased interaction with the faculty and teaching staff.
To learn more about the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management, please visit https://micromasters.mit.edu/scm/.