Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Christianity Through Its Scriptures
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Christianity is a global religion. From modest beginnings 2,000 years ago, it has grown to encompass nearly a third of the human population. Diverse in languages, cultures, histories and creeds, Christians nonetheless share a common collection of sacred scripture called the Bible.
This religion course introduces you to the Bible and its scripture and asks the questions:
- What are the contents, languages, and forms of Bibles in various times and places?
- How have Christians lived out their stories and teachings?
- How does Christian history reflect the contested and varied uses of scripture—in the ancient Roman world where Christianity began, in its spread through European and American colonialism, in the diverse forms it takes in varied locations around the globe?
You will begin to explore these questions and others while learning about the content and interpretations of these sacred texts.
De un vistazo
- Institución: HarvardX
- Tema: Humanidades
- Nivel: Introductory
- Prerrequisitos: Ninguno
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- XSeries en World Religions Through Their Scriptures
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- What’s in the Bible, the book containing the sacred scriptures of Christians.
- An overview of contents with a focus on diverse interpretations of well-known passages.
- Exploration of select themes, such as how Christians approach diversity, attitudes toward non-Christian traditions, existential questions of suffering and violence, the encounter with modern science, the roles of women, liturgical time and pilgrimage.
Acerca de los instructores
Preguntas frecuentesOmitir Preguntas frecuentes
Honor code statement
HarvardX requires individuals who enroll in its courses on edX to abide by the terms of the edX honor code. HarvardX will take appropriate corrective action in response to violations of the edX honor code, which may include dismissal from the HarvardX course; revocation of any certificates received for the HarvardX course; or other remedies as circumstances warrant. No refunds will be issued in the case of corrective action for such violations. Enrollees who are taking HarvardX courses as part of another program will also be governed by the academic policies of those programs.
By registering as an online learner in our open online courses, you are also participating in research intended to enhance HarvardX's instructional offerings as well as the quality of learning and related sciences worldwide. In the interest of research, you may be exposed to some variations in the course materials. HarvardX does not use learner data for any purpose beyond the University's stated missions of education and research. For purposes of research, we may share information we collect from online learning activities, including Personally Identifiable Information, with researchers beyond Harvard. However, your Personally Identifiable Information will only be shared as permitted by applicable law, will be limited to what is necessary to perform the research, and will be subject to an agreement to protect the data. We may also share with the public or third parties aggregated information that does not personally identify you. Similarly, any research findings will be reported at the aggregate level and will not expose your personal identity.
Harvard University and HarvardX are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy educational and work environment in which no member of the community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination or harassment in our program. All members of the HarvardX community are expected to abide by Harvard policies on nondiscrimination, including sexual harassment, and the edX Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or report your experience through the edX contact form.