Advanced Transport Phenomena
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
How can you reduce the energy loss of your home? What is the underlying science of energy loss in pipes? Which heat and mass transfer problems do we have to tackle to make consumer products?
In this engineering course, you will learn about the engineering principles that play an important role in all of these and more phenomena. You will learn about microbalances, radiation, convection, diffusion and more and their applications in everyday life.
This advanced course is for engineers who want to refresh their knowledge, engineering students who are eager to learn more about heat/mass transport and for all who have fun in explaining the science of phenomena in nature.
De un vistazo
- Institución: DelftX
- Tema: Ingeniería
- Nivel: Intermediate
- We strongly recommend TP101x as a prerequisite for this MOOC, but if you are familiar with mass and heat transport phenomena you will be able to follow the course as well
- Basic knowledge of calculus (derivative, integral, simple differential equations)
- Thermodynamics (concepts of first and second law, properties of fluids, heat effects)
- High school physics
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Transport Phenomena
- Habilidades asociadas:Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Willingness To Learn, Transport Phenomena
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Microbalance and an overview of heat conduction and diffusion problems
- To calculate the pressure loss over pipe and pipeline systems
- The definition of convective transport of heat and mass transfer and how you can apply it
- The distribution of components over immiscible phase and the importance of this distribution for many applications
- The difference in flow behaviour of water and toothpaste and the reasons of this difference
- The definitions of heat radiation, black and grey bodies
- How to calculate the heat loss by radiation
Más información sobre este cursoOmitir Más información sobre este curso
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.