Hay una sesión disponible:
Financing Innovative Ventures
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course will demystify key financial concepts to give aspiring and active entrepreneurs and innovators a guide for understanding their financials and securing funding. Assuming that our learners have no prior knowledge in accounting, economics, or finance, we will work from the ground up to:
● Examine the many financing options available to get your new venture funded
● Learn the basics of finance, valuations, dilution, and non-dilutive funding source
● Understand capital structure for new ventures, term sheets and how to negotiate them, and the differences between early-stage versus later-stage financing
● Develop an understanding of how to develop winning investor pitches, who and when to pitch, how to avoid common mistakes that limit the effectiveness of the pitch, and how to ‘get to the close.
Key questions answered within the course include:
● If and when to raise outside capital?
● What kind of investors invest by stage and where to find them?
● What are your fundraising options?
● What are the key components of the term sheet?
● How to perform company valuations?
● How to pitch to investors?
● What techniques help the entrepreneur ‘get to the close’?
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripciones de video: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Habilidades asociadas:Capital Structures, New Ventures, Financial Planning, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Fundraising, Finance, Accounting, Economics
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the concepts and speak the language of financial entrepreneurship for startup funding and corporate venturing
- Analyze the common means of funding new companies including angel investors and venture capital
- Create new business concepts that require limited funding during the nascent stages
- Successfully present business ideas via persuasive written and oral presentations
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 1: The Early Stage Investment Landscape
This session provides insights into the investment landscape, to include how investors and lenders evaluate new ventures. Key terminology and principles are addressed to provide learners without an accounting or finance background with an understanding of these areas.
Module 2: Sources of Capital for Startups and Corporate Ventures
This session examines the options that entrepreneurs and innovators face in where to raise their financial capital from in the early stages of their venture. From friends and family, to angel investors and venture capitalists, the pros and cons of each source of capital are explored. We will also explore the different sources of internal and external financing for the corporate venture.
Module 3: Getting Funded – Steps in the Funding Process
This session discusses the techniques and tools to secure funding for a new venture. This provides insights into how entrepreneurs can create a comprehensive funding strategy for their new venture.
Module 4: Pitching Investors and Closing the Round
This final session instructs learners on how to share their investment opportunity with investors and partners, to include those that manage internal corporate funding decisions. With practical tips on the do's and don'ts of pitching, learners are able to develop a compelling story for their new venture.
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"The instruction and startup coaching that I received when a student at the University of Maryland were invaluable to the launch and growth of Squarespace. The skills taught in this course are a fantastic introduction to many of the fundamentals one needs when starting a business." Anthony Casalena, Founder and CEO of Squarespace