Hay una sesión disponible:
English for Doing Business in Asia – Writing
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The use of English for doing business in multinational settings is a fact of life for many business people. And, as Asian economies expand and become more involved in the global economy, having the ability to write clear and concise English is important when exchanging information. This course has two goals. The first is to introduce non-native speakers of English to methods for developing written English language and communication skills for doing business in Asia. The second is to examine the impact of cross-cultural interactions and globalization on English communications. By exploring and participating in a business simulation set in Asia, you will develop the principal skills for effective communication in English when conducting business in China and other Asian countries.
This course is part of a series developed by the same instructors. Enroll in EBA101x English for Doing Business in Asia – Speaking to continue developing your English language communication skills. Learn about business presentations, audience, format, pronunciation, rhythm and more.
De un vistazo
- Institución: HKUSTx
- Tema: Humanidades
- Nivel: Introductory
"English for Doing Business in Asia – Speaking” is not a prerequisite. It is entirely possible for those who have not taken the "Speaking" course (EBA101x) to take this "Writing" course but that said, there will be overlap of a few key concepts and ideas between the two courses.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en English for Doing Business in Asia
- Habilidades asociadas:Presentations, English Language, Communications, Pronunciation, Written English, Business Simulation, Business Presentations
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Plan, research and structure a piece of writing according to the needs of a specific reader and purpose
- Write a series of coherent and cohesive paragraphs, in which topic sentences containing controlling ideas are expanded with details, examples and explanations
- Identify the purpose of a written document to meet the audience’s needs
- Organize a written document to suit the audience and purpose
- Develop an understanding of cross-cultural issues, style, and genre for business communication purposes