Lo que aprenderás
- Understand how writing, compiling, and running basic Java applications using basic algorithms, developing programs with conditionals and loops and design and implement recursive algorithms.
- Understand Android architecture and the key principles underlying its design.
- Identify different techniques to plan, design and prototype your mobile apps before writing any code.
- Apply material design principles to build compelling, beautiful interfaces for your Android apps, building layouts using XML and using Java code.
- Create applications using the new version of Firebase.
- Understand the use of Model-View-Presenter (MVP).
- Understand how to integrate with third-party API (Twitter, Facebook).
- Test Android-based mobile applications using Android testing tools.
- Understand how to monetize Android apps to earn money in the Android market.
Learn all about Android Application Development and get prepared to take the Google Associate Android Developer Certification Exam.
Progress from the basic concepts to the best professional practices in a unique way that will inspire you to be a great Android developer. You will learn, from Google Developer Experts, Java and object oriented programming concepts, including classes, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism
You will also learn advanced skills, such as adding maps & location based services, photo, video and integrating with other applications.
You will be given code examples during instruction to help you work towards the final Capstone project, which is to develop your own app. The Capstone project will certify your Android App Development abilities and allow your skills to be recognized by corporations around the globe.
This MicroMasters program will prepare you for the Google Associate Android Developer Certification Exam, and give you the opportunity to earn credit and put you on an accelerated path to an Information Technology Masters.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to the online or on-campus Information Technology with Specialization in Systems Information and Database Master’s program with no need to take the admission test. Learners who have earned a MicroMasters program certificate would be credited for 18 academic units (36 units are required for the first year of the master’s degree).
Cursos en este programa
Professional Android Developer Programa MicroMasters® de GalileoX
- 8–10 horas por semana, durante 8 semanas
Demonstrate and implement the knowledge and skills acquired in the Android Developer MicroMasters Program, and prepare for the Google Associate Android Developer Certification exam.
How To Earn Your MicroMasters program certificate
Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in all four courses and the final Capstone Project.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Combine your MicroMasters program certificate with the Information Technology Master.
With a MicroMasters program certificate in hand, students interested in continuing their studies at Galileo University may apply to the full Information Technology master’s program. (Earn 18 University Credits, equivalent to 25% of Master’s courses.)
- The average base salary for Android Developer is $89,651 per year, ranging from $68,553 to $112,020. (source: paysa.com)
- The estimated total number of Android devices in the hands of consumers, as of December 2014, according to statista.com, lies north of 1.6 billion. This is a staggering amount, and a very large potential market of users.
- Exciting career opportunities as an Android App Developer, Android Engineer, Quality Assurance (Android), Android UX Engineer, Design.
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de GalileoX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
We see this as an excellent opportunity to train our development staff, at their own pace, allowing our developers to combine studies and work, bringing “must have” skills into our company quickly and efficiently, providing at the same time a basis for career growth for our team.
Unfortunately, learners from Iran and Cuba will not be able to register for this course. While edX has received a licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer courses to learners from these countries, our licenses do not cover this course. EdX truly regrets that US sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.