Lo que aprenderás
- Synthesize your own blockchain solutions
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the specific mechanics of Bitcoin
- Understand Bitcoin’s real-life applications and learn how to attack and destroy Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts and Dapps, and alternatives to Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm
- Enterprise-level blockchain implementations and understand the scaling struggles of blockchain and potential solutions
- The regulation of cryptocurrencies and its implications for anonymity, and what blockchain means for the future
Developed by Blockchain at Berkeley and faculty from UC Berkeley's premier Computer Science department, the Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate program is a comprehensive survey of core topics in cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin, and blockchain technology. This program will help you develop the critical skills needed to future-proof your career.
The barrier of entry for the blockchain space can oftentimes seem rather high, especially since the concept of blockchain and the benefits it provides is not yet as widely understood as other innovations. In order to overcome this barrier, this program will explore the main ideas, technologies, and ecosystem surrounding blockchain technology from both technical and non-technical standpoints. This program will help you develop the intuition for thinking of blockchain systems. You will learn the key strengths and motivations of distributed ledger technology, and also be exposed to the underlying mechanisms by which they function.
Understanding blockchain architecture and the new paradigm of scalable, decentralized applications is imperative for future-proofing your career. Blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest growing in today’s labor market and opportunities are not limited to technical research or development positions; there is a need for project management, community support, law, design, and more.
This program is accessible by anyone, with any background. Whether students are planning their next career move as a blockchain developer, crypto trader, data analyst, researcher, or consultant, or are just curious about this field, the Blockchain Fundamentals professional certificate is the best way to get up to speed on blockchain technology.
After taking Blockchain Fundamentals, students will have a deepened understanding of blockchain, which they can use to formulate their own informed blockchain mental models, hypotheses, and use cases -- imperative for understanding the industry.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Blockchain Fundamentals de BerkeleyX
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 6 semanasLearn the fundamentals of Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency space, including the basics of smart contracts, the Ethereum platform and how to build decentralized applications.
- Blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest growing in today’s labor market, currently with 14 job openings for every 1 blockchain developer. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Demand is off the charts for blockchain talent, and the capital is waiting to back it up. More than $3.7 billion has been raised through ICOs in the United States alone. (Source: TechCrunch)
- DTCC's Fintech Symposium recently noted the lack of available talent for blockchain industry jobs, and their desire to help invest in blockchain jobs and helping people to develop the necessary skills to fill those jobs.
- According to Forbes, the average salary of a blockchain engineer in Silicon Valley is $158,000. Programmers who have experience in Solidity (language for creating smart contracts) is in short supply and high demand.
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de BerkeleyX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
At Cosmos we recognize that building on distributed ledger technology requires mastery of a completely new, decentralized design paradigm. Berkeley's Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate Program aids students in surmounting the steep learning curve associated with the space. The courses explore the forefront of blockchain ideas that form the foundations of decentralized technology. Uniquely integrating both technical and broad perspectives, Blockchain Fundamentals builds a comprehensive survey of the blockchain space that empowers students, entrepreneurs, and developers of all backgrounds.
IBM, a founding member of Hyperledger, a Linux Foundation project, is building a blockchain for business and applauds the Blockchain at Berkeley team for creating the Blockchain Fundamentals course. Given the multifaceted nature of blockchain, it is difficult to craft a course that is both comprehensive and accessible to people at all skill levels. Blockchain Fundamentals accomplishes this task, helping students build a strong knowledge base for further blockchain education.