Lo que aprenderás
- Fundamentally understand how Google works.
- How to create an effective search query to yield the most relevant results.
- How to interpret search results.
- How to use advanced Google techniques, including using time restriction (to search in specific date ranges), site restriction (to search in a specific online site), using double quotes correctly, and using other operators accurately.
- Improve fact finding techniques and verify credible sources.
Google is the most widely used search engine on the Web, processing over 3.5 billion searches per day. We’ve become reliant on Google to provide the critical information we need, but do you know how to use Google in the most effective way?
In this two-part program, you’ll learn directly from a Google expert how to become a Google power searcher, including advanced search techniques and skills to help you better track down the information you need in a reliable and repeatable way. From learning how to make an effective query to strategies and tools to help you find information that is not indexed in an ordinary way, this program will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your search process.
You’ll learn to harness and build your online search skills. Skills that have become more and more critical, not only in our everyday lives but in our jobs, as we constantly need to find the right information and furthermore discern what’s credible. You’ll improve your ability to separate fact from fiction as the program teaches you how to accurately validate information.
Your instructor, Daniel Russell, has been on the inside of the Google Search engineering team since 2005. His research on how people use online search tools to find what they seek gets translated into effective tips and tricks everyone should know.
Cursos en este programa
Programa XSeries en Power Searching with Google de Google
- 4–6 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Power Searching With Google makes it amazingly easy to find information. Learn about the powerful advanced tools that are on the Internet to help you become an advanced power searcher and find just the right information when the stakes are high.
- 4–6 horas por semana durante 2 semanas
Online search skills are critical skills. In the information age, the ability to find what you are looking for as well as the ability to discern what’s credible is deeply important, both personally and professionally. Learn advanced techniques for tracking down obscure information in a reliable and repeatable way.
Conoce a tu instructor
Expertos de Google comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea