Lo que aprenderás
- Gain insight into the evolution of omens and oracles in ancient civilizations to the creation of forecasting via computer simulations, epidemiology, and GPS.
- Explore text and images to better understand the process of building new technologies and medical practices.
- Examine efforts to predict the future over recorded history.
How did explorers navigate the world before the creation of meridians? What does astrology have to do with modern computer simulations? How did a 19th-century doctor end an epidemic and create epidemiology as we know it today?
In PredictionX, learners will journey through the history of predictions and how the desire to uncover future events lead to the creation of a new world of creative technologies beyond our imagination. Learn how ancient practices led to technological advancements, generated modern conveniences, and gave humanity a glimpse of our own future.
Cursos en este programa
Programa XSeries en PredictionX de HarvardX
- 2–5 horas por semana durante 1 semanas
Explore the history of navigation, from stars to satellites.
An in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 1 semanas
This course is an overview of divination systems, ranging from ancient Chinese bone burning to modern astrology.
Conoce a tu instructor de Harvard University (HarvardX)
Expertos de HarvardX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea