Areas of expertise
- African urban geography and urban planning
- Historical-cultural geography of British colonialism in Africa
- Comparative urbanism and comparative urban land politics
- Urban political ecology and environmental justice
- Urban environmental governance
- Literature, place and the environment in Africa
Myers, G. (2016) Urban Environments in Africa: a Critical Analysis of Environmental Politics (Bristol, UK: Policy Press, University of Bristol).
Myers, G. (2011) African Cities: Alternative Visions of Urban Theory and Practice (London: Zed Books).
Caminero-Santangelo, B., and G. Myers, eds. (2011) Environment at the Margins: Literary and Environmental Studies in Africa (Athens, OH: Ohio University Press).
Murray, M. and G. Myers, eds. (2006) Cities in Contemporary Africa (New York: Palgrave Macmillan Press). (Paperback edition, 2011)
Myers, G. (2005) Disposable Cities: Garbage, Governance, and Sustainable Development in Urban Africa (Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Press, Rematerializing Cultural Geography series).
Myers, G. (2003) Verandahs of Power: Colonialism and Space in Urban Africa (Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, Space, Place and Society series).
Courses and Programs taught by Garth Myers
Check back later for new courses!Browse all courses and programs