Professor Biobased Chemistry and Technology at Wageningen University & Research
Areas of expertise
- - Heterogeneous Catalysis
- - Spectroscopy
- - Biomass conversion
- G. J. S. Dawes, E. L. Scott, J. Le Nôtre, J. P. M. Sanders and J. H. Bitter Deoxygenation of biobased molecules by decarboxylation and decarbonylation – a review on the role heterogeneous, homogeneous and bio-catalysis Green Chem., 17 (2015) 3231-3250
- R.W. Gosselink, D.R. Stellwagen and J.H. Bitter
Tungsten-Based Catalysts for Selective Deoxygenation
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Eng., 52(19) (2013) 5089-5092
- T. van Haasterecht, C.C.I. Ludding, K.P. de Jong, J.H. Bitter
- Toward stable nickel catalysts for aqueous phase reforming of biomass-derived feedstock under reducing and alkaline conditions
J.Catal., 319 (2014) 27-35.
Harry Bitter is full professor at Wageningen University & Research. He chairs a group which focusses on the sustainable production of bulk chemicals and fuels from biomass by an integrated approach. The group motto is TIPTOP chemistry and technology: Turning variable InPut into Tailored OutPut, one of the great challenges in biomass conversion.