Ivonne M.C.M. Rietjens
Full Professor in Toxicology at Wageningen University & Research
Areas of expertise
- Food Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Ivonne M.C.M. Rietjens, Bożena Tyrakowska, Suzanne J.P.L. van den Berg, Ans E.M.F. Soffers, Ans Punt Matrix and combination effects in absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) of food- borne toxic compounds; implications for risk assessment. Toxicology Research 4 (2015) 23-35
- I.M.C.M. Rietjens, T. B. Adams, M. Bastaki, S.M. Cohen, S. Fukushima, C. Harman, N.J. Gooderham, S. Hecht, L. J. Marnett, R. L. Smith, S. V. Taylor The impact of structural and metabolic variation on the toxicity and carcinogenicity of hydroxy- and alkoxy- substituted allyl- and propenylbenzenes.Chem Res Toxicol 27 (2014) 1092-1103
- N.M. Reeuwijk, B.J. Venhuis, D. de Kaste, L.A.P. Hoogenboom, I.M.C.M.Rietjens and M.J. Martena Active pharmaceutical ingredients detected in herbal food supplements for weight loss samples on the Dutch market.Food Additives and Contaminants Part A 31 (2014) 1783-1793
- Suzanne J.P.L. van den Berg, Wasma Alhusainy, Patrizia Restani, Ivonne M.C.M. Rietjens Chemical analysis of estragole in fennel based teas and associated safety assessment using the Margin of Exposure (MOE) approach Food and Chemical Toxicology 65 (2014) 147-154.
- Michael Habermeyer, Angelika Roth, Sabine Guth, Patrick Diel, Karl-Heinz Engel, Bernd Epe, Peter Fürst, Volker Heinz, Hans-Ulrich Humpf, Hans-Georg Joost, Dietrich Knorr, Theo de Kok, Sabine Kulling, Alfonso Lampen, Doris Marko, Gerhard Rechkemmer, Ivonne Rietjens, Richard H. Stadler, Stefan Vieths, Rudi Vogel, Pablo Steinberg and Gerhard Eisenbrand Nitrate and nitrite in the diet: How to assess their benefit and risk for human health.Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 59 (2015) 106-128
- Jonathan Nicolas, Peter Hendriksen, Arjen Gerssen, Toine Bovee and Ivonne M.C.M. Rietjens Marine neurotoxins: state-of-the-art, bottlenecks and perspectives for mode of action based methods of detection in seafood. Molecular Nutrition and Food Research 58 (2014) 87-100
Professor Ivonne M.C.M. Rietjens is full professor in Toxicology and head of the division of Toxicology at Wageningen University (WU), The Netherlands. She is a member of many national and international advisory committees for risk assessment of chemicals. She is an elected member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) and has been chairman of the Dutch Society for Toxicology (NVT). From 2003 till 2014 she has been member and chairman of various Panels and working groups of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and member of the Senate Commission on Food Safety from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)(Germany). At present she is member of Dutch Health Council, the Dutch Expert Committee on Occupational Standards (DECOS) and the FEMA Expert Panel (USA). She is member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the National Institute of Public Health & Hygiene (RIVM), member of the Board of trustees of the ILSI (International Life Sciences Institute) Research Foundation, member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of ILSI Europe and member of the EU Scientific Committee on Occupational Exposure Limits for Chemical Agents (SCOEL). She has broad experience in both doctoral and post-doctoral teaching in Food Safety.