Margo I. Seltzer
Herchel Smith Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University
Areas of expertise
- Applied Mathmatics
- Computer Science
- Macko, P., Margo, D., Marathe, V., Seltzer, M., LLAMA: Efficient Graph Analytics Using Large Multiversioned Arrays, Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2015), Seoul Korea, April 2015.
- Angelino, E., Kohler, E., Waterland, A., Seltzer, M., Adams, M., Accelerating MCMC via parallel predictive prefetching, Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI '14), Quebec City, Quebec Canada, July 2014.
- Rao, M., Parkes, D., Seltzer, M., and Bacon, D., A Framework for Incentivizing Deep Fixes, Proceedings of the AAAI 2014 Workshop on Incentives and Trust in E-Communities (WIT-EC'14), Quebec City, Quebec Canada, July 2014.
- Borkin, M., Yeh, C., Boyd, M., Macko, P., Gajos, K., Seltzer, M., Pfister, H., Evaluation of Filesystem Provenance Visualization Tools Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Information Visualization (Vis 2013), Atlanta GA, October 2013.
- Waterland, A., Angelino, E., Adams, R., Appavoo, J., Seltzer, M., ASC: Automatically Scalable Computation, Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS '14), Salt Lake City Utah, March 2014.
- Macko, P., Margo, D., Seltzer, M., Local Clustering in Provenance Graphs Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2013), Burlingame CA, October 2013.
- Macko, P., Margo, D., Seltzer, M., Performance Introspection of Graph Databases Proceedings of the 2013 SYSTOR Conference, Haifa Israel, July 2013.
- Waterland, A., Angelino, E., Cubuk, E., Kaziras, E., Adams, R., Appavoo, J., Seltzer, M., Computational Caches, Proceedings of the 2013 SYSTOR Conference, Haifa Israel, July 2013.
- Holland, D., Angelino, E., Wald, G., Seltzer, M., Flash Caching on the Storage Client Proceedings of the 2013 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, San Jose, CA, June 2013.
Margo I. Seltzer is a Herchel Smith Professor of Computer Science in the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. She is the Phreesia case study instructor for BUS5.1x. Her research interests include provenance, file systems, databases, transaction processing systems, and applying technology to problems in healthcare. She is the author of several widely-used software packages including database and transaction libraries and the 4.4BSD log-structured file system. Dr. Seltzer was a founder and CTO of Sleepycat Software, the makers of Berkeley DB, and is now an Architect at Oracle Corporation. She is currently the President of the USENIX Association. She is a Sloan Foundation Fellow in Computer Science, an ACM Fellow, a Bunting Fellow, and was the recipient of the 1996 Radcliffe Junior Faculty Fellowship. She is recognized as an outstanding teacher and mentor, having received the Phi Beta Kappa teaching award in 1996, the Abrahmson Teaching Award in 1999, and the Capers and Marion McDonald Award.
Courses and Programs taught by Margo I. Seltzer
Check back later for new courses!Browse all courses and programs