Professor, Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, A. Oeztuerk and B. Servoz, Data-Driven Curricular Decisions in Introductory Computing Classes, 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Salt Lake City, Utah. (2018)
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, V. May, H. Wilkinson, and A. Betsinger, Work in Progress: Improving First-Year Retention Through Support and Engagement, 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Columbus, Ohio. (2017), https://peer.asee.org/29162
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, Stop telling kids you’re bad at math. You are spreading math anxiety ‘like a virus.’ The Washington Post, April 25, 2016.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, R. Canary, and E.C. Taylor, Quasiconformal Homogeneity after Gehring and Palka, Computational Methods and Function Theory, (2014), no. 2, 417–430.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, F. Leblond, Robert Holt, Kenneth Tichauer, B. Pogue, and E. Taylor, Information Loss and Reconstruction in Highly Diffuse Fluorescence Tomography, JOSA A, 29 (2012), no. 3, 321–330.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, K. Matsuzaki, and E. Taylor, Large and Small Covers of a Hyperbolic Manifold, J. Geom. Anal. 22 (2012), no. 2, 455–470.
Petra Bonfert-Taylor is a Professor and an Instructional Designer at the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College. She received her Ph.D. in Mathematics from Technical University of Berlin (Germany) in 1996 and subsequently spent three years as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan before accepting a tenure-track position in the Mathematics Department at Wesleyan University. She left Wesleyan as a tenured full professor in 2015 for her current position at Dartmouth College. Petra has published extensively and lectured widely to national and international audiences. Her work has been recognized by the National Science Foundation with numerous research grants. She is equally passionate about her teaching.The recipient of the Binswanger Prize for Excellence in Teaching at Wesleyan University, the Excellence in Teaching Award at the Thayer School of Engineering and the NH High Tech Council Tech Teacher of the Year Award, Petra has a strong interest in broadening access to high-quality higher education and pedagogical innovations that aid in providing equal opportunities to students from all backgrounds.
Courses and Programs taught by Petra Bonfert-Taylor
DartmouthX, IMTx, Dartmouth_IMTx
C Programming: Modular Programming and Memory Management
1 course in a series