What you will learn
- Role of cardiac CT and cardiac MRI in the assessment of cardiac disease.
- Understand and describe the process of cardiac CT and cardiac MRI image acquisition.
- Able to perform basic interpretation and identification of disease as seen on cardiac CT and cardiac MRI.
- State the future developments in the field of cardiac MRI and CT.
Understand the basic concepts of using and interpreting cardiac computed tomography (CT) and cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) through didactic lectures with high quality animations, whilst also having hands-on experience to analyze real clinical cases.
The course is delivered by world-renowned radiologists and cardiologists, and helps you obtain the career advice and expertise in cardiac CT and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). This program combines fundamental knowledge and skills with advanced technological developments in the field. Topics such as coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, heart failure, structural heart disease and congenital heart disease will be covered. Cardiac CT and cardiac MR techniques such as CT angiography (CTA), CT-FFR, CT for transcatheter aortic valve replacement/ implantation (TAVR/ TAVI), stress perfusion CMR for ischemic heart disease, CMR for vascular disease, MRI coronary angiography and CMR for pediatric patients will be delivered with the state of the art animations. Clinical cases will also be provided to allow you to learn post-processing skills for CT and MRI cases.
By the end of this program, you will be equipped with a solid understanding of cardiac CT and cardiac MRI with practical skills on assessing cardiac CT and cardiac MRI images.
Courses in this program
HKUx's Advanced Cardiac Imaging Professional Certificate
- 2–3 hours per week, for 4 weeks
First-ever cardiac CT MOOC! Learn essential knowledge for cardiac CT through short videos, downloadable cases & forums. Available in multiple languages and provides material to meet level 1 requirements in Cardiac CT.
- 2–3 hours per week, for 5 weeks
First ever cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) MOOC! Learn the CMR essentials through short videos, downloadable cases, and web forums. Available in multiple languages.
- This course is aimed at radiologists, cardiologists, medical doctors, allied health professionals and medical industry personnel.
- For radiologists, cardiologists and medical doctors this course can fulfil the educational learning requirements of some programs to obtain basic understanding of cardiac CT and cardiac MRI.
- For medical industry personnel, this provides the information you need to understand the technology and its future especially when you need to engage clinicians working in this field.
Meet your instructors from University of Hong Kong (HKUx)
Experts from HKUx committed to teaching online learning