What you will learn
- How educational data analytics can improve classroom teaching and learning, as well as supporting data-driven decision making at various levels of school operations
- An understanding of the current state-of-the-art in teaching and learning analytics tools and methods
- How teaching analytics can be used to analyse your lesson plans
- How learning analytics can be used to analyse the classroom delivery of your lesson plan and reveal more about your students' learning
- How you can reflect on your teaching practice by combining insights from both teaching and learning analytics
Do you want to be more reflective in your teaching practice and wonder if there are technologies that can help? Are you curious about how data-driven, evidence-based teaching practices can improve your students’ learning? This is the course for you!
Analytics for the Classroom Teacher is an introduction to the emerging field of teaching and learning analytics from the perspective of a classroom teacher.
Experts from all over the world will provide an overview of the current state-of-the-art in teaching and learning analytics. You’ll learn how teachers, curriculum developers and policy makers are collecting and analysing data from the classroom to help guide decisions at all levels.
The course will then focus on the school teacher, and how data analytics can help you to make improvements in your classroom.
You’ll learn to use analytics to improve your lesson plans and your delivery of those plans, and discover more about your students' learning.
No previous knowledge in data-driven instruction, teaching and learning analytics is needed. Join us and a large community of innovative teachers from around the globe and become a pioneer of teaching and learning analytics in your school.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 20, 2019