Choose your session:
Data Literacy Foundations
About this courseSkip About this course
In Data Literacy Foundations, you will learn how critical thinking is an essential data literacy skill in today’s data-driven world. You’ll begin by considering how you use data every day, discussing the value of data and examining the transformation of data from analogue to digital forms.
We will discuss and use case studies to understand the ethics of data usage, as well as the key role critical thinking plays in data analysis which ultimately drives strategic planning and informs corporate competitive advantage. All of this will culminate in the exploration of data, analysis tools and methodologies.
Whether you wish to move into a data analytics role, or are in the process of upskilling your data literacy to expand your current role, this course will enhance and solidify your ability to work with data in the workplace.
At a glance
- Institution: RITx
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Data Analysis for Decision-Making
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
● Give examples of how people use data every day
● Describe legal and ethical issues associated with data
● Apply critical thinking skills when working with data
● Identify appropriate data analysis tools and techniques for various needs