Digital Transformation Strategy
About this courseSkip About this course
Want to be the leader with the winning business strategy for the digital future?
Ambitious digital-driven startups are creating and cornering new markets in every sector. And yet, most legacy businesses continue to operate by old playbooks. Most are not keeping pace with the changes in their industry, let alone leading the way―what are you and your company doing?
In this course, part of the Digital Leadership MicroMasters program, you will understand the three types of players that are shaping the new business landscape; the three phases of transformation that every firm will encounter on its journey to business reinvention; and the three winning moves that will ensure your business success along the way.
With current case studies and practical experience-based advice, learn how to rethink traditional business models from the outside in, assemble the right team for the journey ahead, and make bold strategic choices along the three phases of digital transformation.
Digital Implications of COVID - we piloted “Office Hours” in our prior run for Verified Learners. This is a closely curated faculty discussion board to capture real-time, global feedback. Learners appreciated relating the course content to today’s operating challenges.
We had an interesting response to questions including:
- What are the operational and strategic implications of COVID?
- What role does digital play if any in how management responds?
- What have you learned in the process?
Look forward to engaging and learning from you as we all navigate these complex times.
Taught by a professor with expertise at the intersection of business and digital strategies, this course will equip managers to step up to play important roles during the digital transformation processes within companies. Chances are that the company where you work now is engaging in some digital transformation activities and this course will provide you with skills and perspectives to play pivotal roles and guide your company.
At a glance
- Institution: BUx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Advanced
- Undergraduate business education
- Exposure to business strategy concepts
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Digital Leadership
- MicroMasters® Program in Digital Transformation Leadership
- Associated skills: Business Modeling, Digital Transformation, Leadership, Business Strategies, Management
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Learn to navigate the world of digital ecosystems.
- Understand the collision between traditional and digital business models and how to reinvent your business for future success.
- Discover ways of competing and collaborating with other companies to create and capture value.
- Realize how powerful machines can amplify your company's human talent.
- Learn to assemble the team to experiment with new ideas, re-examine your core beliefs, and reinvent your business rulebook for the digital future.