Before you start
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required
What you will learn
- How to generate multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deployment of Java EE applications.
- How to create Enterprise Java Beans.
- Management of application persistence.
- How to create REST services with JAX-RS.
- Chapter 1: Transitioning to Multi-Tiered Applications
- Chapter 2: Packaging and Deploying Applications to an Application Server
- Chapter 3: Creating Enterprise Java Beans
- Chapter 4: Managing Persistence
- Chapter 5: Managing Entity Relationships
- Chapter 6: Creating REST Services
- Chapter 7: Comprehensive Review
This course will provide you with an introduction to Java EE using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line into an enterprise application that uses various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, and JAX-RS for REST services.
This course will benefit developers that already have a strong foundation in Java SE and want to learn the basic skills and concepts that are necessary to be an enterprise Java Developer.